November 23, 2014

SNL's Casey Wilson braves the Internet to read about herself

by Annie Wu, posted May 14th 2009 9:03AM
Casey WilsonThose that have even half-paid attention to my Saturday Night Live posts know that I am not a huge fan of featured player Casey Wilson. In fact, I would go so far as to say I actually kind of dislike her on the show. I feel a great deal of familiarity when I watch her on SNL, because she acts the way I probably would if I ever made it onto the program.

Due to my intense, psychologically and emotionally crippling levels of self-loathing, this makes Wilson extra-painful for me to watch. Oh, those poorly timed glances at the camera, they are Casey Wilson's as much as they are mine.

In this new FunnyOrDie.com video, Casey Wilson takes on the Internet hate headfirst by reading some IMDb comments. Now, I'm not going to crit her performance blow-by-blow, though I'll just say it was kind of like her SNL work, but a wee bit better. Her reading of "Casey Wilson looks like Patton Oswalt swallowed a couch" made me laugh more than anything else I've seen her do, so I suppose that's a thumbs up.

And regardless of whether you're pro-Wilson or anti-Wilson, you should read the Casey Wilson IMDb board. For every comment about her work on SNL, there's, like, two mentions of her boobs (one each?).

alexvergen

I'm going to try real hard not to mention her boobs (DAMMIT!) in this post, but even with out that rack (TWICE!?), she is damn good looking.

July 14 2011 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shan

This was pretty funny. And I have to agree with the writer a little bit that Casey Wilson usually doesn't do it for me on SNL. But her reaction to the person who called her an overactor was so hilarious!! So watching this video proved to me that "featured" cast members on SNL get a bad rap b/c they aren't "featured" enough for them to show all that they have to offer. The best example of this for me, is Tracy Morgan. When he was a featured cast member, I couldn't stand him. I thought he was a terrible actor and very unfunny, but now he is one of the most hilarious comedians ever! After he became a regular cast member, he had many memorable characters. I think the same will happen for Casey Wilson. I'm glad most of the comments here are pretty positive. I hope she reads these and does another "Funny or Die" video! ;-)

June 15 2009 at 4:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zachary

How can you hate yourself? You engineered a dance with Colbert!

May 14 2009 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guess Who

Why all the hate? Casey is attractive, even if she isn't exactly a size zero, she's funny enough but give her a break, she's in a supporting role. No, she isn't Gilda or Fey but come on, it's her first season.

There are soooooooooooo many other more annoying people on television, why pick on Casey?

May 14 2009 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Guess Who's comment
MarcDom7

This is her second season.

But yes, anyone who hates her should take a look at her sketch about the quadriplegic stripper. That should change their minds.

May 14 2009 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

Annie, you're writer, and that self-loathing is what makes the stuff you write so great.

Somebody needs to cast you for a pilot :-))

May 14 2009 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Casey is hot (and funny)!

May 14 2009 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I like Casey. She's not in the same league as SNL legends like Gilda Radner, Jan Hooks and Kristen Wiig (yes, I called Wiig a legend), but she's adequate.

Plus, she's got great boobs. ;)

May 14 2009 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gihan

Never understood what people had against her, and this just confirms it.
She's an awesome sport.
There have been much worse offenders on SNL IMO.

May 14 2009 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply