July 25, 2014

My Name Is Earl: Dodge's Dad (season finale/series finale?) - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted May 15th 2009 8:38AM
My Name Is Earl

Did Earl ever finish his list? I haven't seen the show in a couple of seasons (though I really liked the first season or so), and I ask because, well, this could turn out to be His Name Was Earl, since NBC is very close to saying bye-bye to the sitcom. How does this rank as a series finale if this season finale does indeed turn out to be a series finale?

dude.hayeden

I read on wikipidea that the raising hope episode "It's a hopeful life." at the movie theater there is a poster behind Sabrina it said "My name is Earl: The movie.". Jason Lee (also known as Earl on on The series) had gotten some messages about making the continued episode in to a movie. He reported to Greg Garcia the creator of Raising Hope and My name is Earl about the messages and they are still thinking about it.

December 28 2011 at 7:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Dylan

Aw man, I'm so sad. I watched all 4 seasons on netfix and when they didn't have season 5 I figured they just didn't add it yet. Then I went on TV Links and Project Free TV and neither of them had it. Then I found this page. Such an unsatisfying ending... well not even an ending. There was no finishing of the list, no conclusion, no anything. This is the first time a show I watch has been canceled... and it sucks. Oh well, at least I can rest assured that Breaking Bad won't be canceled, although the next season will be the last. I'm going to be so sad when Walt dies, we all know it's going to happen.

October 07 2011 at 12:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wants@write

Dodges dad is crab man but the DNA test is also correct if you remeber the episode where joy Darnell and the kids where in witness protection when they changed danell & the family's blood type, therefore I believe thats' where the writers of the conedy were gonna extend the fifth seasons suspence & drama with.

October 06 2011 at 10:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rabid

Earrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllllllll....

August 14 2011 at 6:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alex Velasquez

well the show is showed is aired in my 27

August 08 2011 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mmarylou777

I loved "My Name Is Earl" and I'm with "Junky Nuggz" who commented on May 4th, I'm still pissed 2 years later! I DVR's like 77 episodes looking for the one that came after Joy said, "Now, everybody just calm down!" Then I finally googled and found out that was the final episode! Joy used to crack me up and two years later, I'm still pissed that they cancelled the show in such a crappy way! I think the Network did fans of the Show pretty crappy too!! Jason Lee is so cute and down to earth and I miss all the humbling, human life lessons the show actually delivered. It's like no one is perfect, we are all human and we can accept others for who they are. And damn it, I wanted to know who Earl Jr.'s daddy was!!

May 19 2011 at 4:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Junky Nuggz

Early was kicked off the air so 'Parks and Rec' could continue. Its funny but not bust ass funny like 'ol Earl was. Dammit...

May 04 2011 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Junky Nuggz

The season ended on a cliffhanger, and was decidedly cancelled during the summer of '09. There was absolutely no damn closure and I'm still pissed 2 years later. Jason Lee us on a show 'Marshall Law' on TNT or TBS now. Looks like a good 'un.

May 04 2011 at 10:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jessica Carden

I'm almost annoyed I just watched all 4 seasons of that to basically come to no conclusion. -_-
I love all of the characters even patty the daytime hooker.
Jason Lee where are you?!

February 06 2011 at 1:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff Parkes

I think the show is great! It has smart writing and jokes.
and at the end of each the story a positive message.
I think I have watched almost every episode when it aired if not the next day on iTunes.
I'm sad the show has gone the way of so many other quality shows because some bean counter thinks it would be more profitable to have a reality show take its place.
To this day I have not watched one reality show that has aired nor will I start. The drama from a good story can't be replaced by some group of fakers like big brother, The Apprentice or one of the other dozen bad ideas the networks come up with. I do blame shows like Sally Jessy Raphael, Jerry Springer, and Maury Povich for the mess the networks are in now. Enough with the crap of putting people in the same room and telling them the others secretes on television to see what reaction they give. Thats not Drama its bad TV. and it not instilling anything good on the viewers. As we all know our children watch this crap and it's a bad example to portray to anyone much less children.

July 27 2009 at 2:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply