September 21, 2014

The new Human Target looks really good

by Bob Sassone, posted May 19th 2009 7:26PM
The original version of The Human Target in the 90s wasn't that great, but it was enjoyable. It starred Rick Springfield and looked a little more sci-fi-ish than this new version with Mark Valley. It's going to be on Wednesday nights at 9 starting next year. Here's a sneak peek. I'm assuming that this train is only in one episode. Otherwise it looks like they dusted off Supertrain and shipped it to FOX.

PB

Ooh, this looks awesome! And I'm glad to see Chi McBride again, although I will miss his character from Pushing Daisies. This will be on my DVR!

May 20 2009 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frantic Monkey

I'm glad that he got the lead in a show, but to be perfectly honest, I was hoping that Mark Valley would be appearing in some form on the 2nd season of Fringe. I know there's only so much that can be done with a dead guy, but I thought his stuff on Fringe was great. That said, I'm very keen to see Human Target when it airs.

May 20 2009 at 12:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rockyOnasis

I've only read the most recent original series, but I thought that Chance adopted the identity of each client. I guess that doesn't work for a tv show based around an actor. It looks pretty good, I was one of the five people that watched Keen Eddie, and Chi McBride was great on Pushing Daisies.

May 19 2009 at 10:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rockyOnasis's comment
edgore

I am also a little disappointed by the changes from the comic, though, could you really see Mark Valley becoming Tricia Helfer, you know, without it being creepy?. I wish that Peter Millignan was involved in the remake... really liked his recent ( two year ago?) run on the comic.

May 20 2009 at 12:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bubbameister33

I'm in.

May 19 2009 at 10:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ken

I can't believe that Fox dropped the Sarah Connor Chronicles and picked up this. The world really doesn't need another action hero throwing quips and punches.

May 19 2009 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to Ken's comment
Argent

the above trailer raised the show from 'barely interested' to 'gonna watch a few eps' for me. it's still pretty much a rehash of the '70s human target rather than the (much superior) '90s revival from vertigo, but hey, done consistently well, it might be something.

the original source had christopher chance mainly being a master of disguise (you sometimes wouldn't know who he was until the very end, f.e.) -- this more or less looks like a dollhouse rehash (minus the massive brainwashing).

May 19 2009 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

Helfer as a damsel in distress? I don't love that.

May 19 2009 at 8:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xnifex

seconded. just off that teaser, i'm set. i'll watch.

May 19 2009 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Griff

Being from Canada (darn IP Blocking) had to hunt on Y@utube for it........looks very cool indeed!

May 19 2009 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AJ MacReady

Um. Wow. This looks like all manner of badass. That is all.

May 19 2009 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply