October 23, 2014

Those "I'm A PC" commercials have gone too far

by Bob Sassone, posted May 19th 2009 6:33PM
The first 20 seconds of this video below could easily be mistaken for one of the real "I'm A PC" ads that Microsoft is currently running. Same filming style, same type of actress, the locations even look the same. But then it all goes horribly wrong (a few naughty words so a little NSFW).

Awperator

@freedom55 might only be you. I thought it was pretty funny.

prude.

May 20 2009 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
freedom55

Wow. Is it just me or did anyone else not find this funny at all? Quite disturbing actually.
(Maybe its just American Humor?)

May 20 2009 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dean

Great. I left Engadget because I got tired of the constant PC vs Mac posts, and now this. Oh well, off to Cinematical.

May 20 2009 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

People persist with the 'Macs are expensive' argument without factoring all you get out the box with a Mac. I challenge any PC to come pre-installed with a stable OS, bluetooth, wireless n networking, backup software, virus protection, iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, and iWeb and sell it for $500--yet, you can get a Mac mini and get that for $599. Macbook for $999.

Macs are worth it.

May 20 2009 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joseph

Look, I work for Best Buy, and Macs REALLY need a price cut. If they had the 1299 model macbook at 999, they'd really move a lot more of them.

May 19 2009 at 10:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to Joseph's comment
Sam

Those commercials make me want to hurt people. I have a Mac, don't care if you own a PC or not, but everyone on those commercials acts like a huge prick. Sorry, I just grate my teeth every time they come on. Thanks God someone did this spoof, because I enjoyed it.

And not to get into the huge Mac vs PC argument, but Mac's commercials kick PC's commercials ass, hands down.

May 19 2009 at 9:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply