July 23, 2014

Sneak Peek: CBS' new medical drama Three Rivers

by Bob Sassone, posted May 21st 2009 12:24PM
There seems to be a ton of new medical dramas on the fall schedules, including this new CBS show from Jericho producer Carol Barbee. I guess the only question is, can a medical show with such a specific premise (a hospital that specializes in transplants) do enough different stories throughout the season? Never mind - this one has Moonlight star Alex O'Loughlin!

Linda

The timing of this type of medical show is uncanny! My 27 yr. old daughter has been referred to the Pittsburgh hospital that does transplants. When she's strong enough she will be transported from Jersey to Pittsburgh for a small intestine transplant. On second thought, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea for us to watch this

August 13 2009 at 7:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
presby1

I'm looking at the casting, and I'm all I see are surgeons/surgical assistants. Where is the transplant anesthesiologist and anesthetists that make the surgery even possible? I'm afraid these characters may lead to a very one-dimesional perspective about what's involved with these surgeries.

August 01 2009 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NewLife

I'm very worried about this show. Television does not have a very good track record when it comes to telling the story of Organ Donation and transplantation. "I know it's not true, but, it's better television" is a phrase heard on the House set and others. All that does is spread misconceptions about a very wonderful side of medicine.

July 17 2009 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane Welsh

My family and I just love Alex, I hope his show is great.He is one actor who really gets in to role. We can't wait for the fall. Good luck Alex, and we will be going to see his movies.

June 06 2009 at 7:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terri Brock

Hi! Alex O'loughlin

my name is Terri Brock (916) 483-4622
I'v missed you! But I see you're returning to CBS this fall in Three Rivers yea!
I'm looking forward to watching it. Alex hope everything
goes well for you this season and in your future.
and I hope Three Rivers is a hit.

Alex i like to meet you! I'm glad your back

Sincerly, Terri Brock

June 02 2009 at 10:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Casey

The whole cast looks great. Good to see Kate Moennig breaking away from The L Word.

May 21 2009 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guess Who

Do the networks (or viewers) know that it's possible to produce a TV program that is not about doctors, lawyers or cops?

The same ideas recycled again and again - isn't that what sitcoms are for?

May 21 2009 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JWB

Does he steal blood from the hospital? If he doesn't then I'm not watching. They should bring back moonlight. Three Rivers looks bland and boring. I'll still give it a chance.

May 21 2009 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lorie

PB, you beat me! I was gonna say the same thing. :)

Where Alex goes, I'll follow.

May 21 2009 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PB

"Never mind - this one has Moonlight star Alex O'Loughlin!" ... you got that right!!

May 21 2009 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply