July 30, 2014

ABC's new promo shows all their characters living together under one roof

by Bob Sassone, posted May 22nd 2009 2:49PM
Remember those great network promos that would have stars from various shows all interacting with each other and praising their networks? ABC is trying that again with the videos below. In the first one, Lost's Jack Shephard and Desperate Housevives' Susan Mayer are living together happily until Susan mentions a certain word (it also answers this question). In the second, Hurley is shown with various dancing stars, a nanny, and the Wipeout balls.

Will

These are really cute. Great idea by ABC.

May 27 2009 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
OK DeSign

Love the second promo :)
I want more :)

May 23 2009 at 5:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Johnzo

great branding. makes viewers think of ABC as one big happy family and they want to be part of it too. I'd love to see more of these.

May 23 2009 at 12:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AC

So funny! The part where Ty is yelling for a towel just cracks me up!!

May 22 2009 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lover

These are cute!!

May 22 2009 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guess Who

I miss the big musical promos -

"NBC lets all be there!" and "I love it" for ABC

I miss the good ol' days when "reality shows" were just the occasional game show or Alan Funt, now cheap, low production quality crap is everywhere.

"Wipeout" anyone?

May 22 2009 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Libby

What does Susan say at the end? I can't make it out...

I love love love these commercials! I really hope they continue to make them!

May 22 2009 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Libby's comment
Norby

Who's Kate?

May 22 2009 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

If anything else, those are great promos.

May 22 2009 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J

Love the promos. Reminds me of the ones from the late 70'' they used to have that featured Laverne & Shirley, Three's Company, etc.

May 22 2009 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply