September 2, 2014

Here's one show you won't see on The CW this fall

by Bob Sassone, posted May 22nd 2009 3:10PM
I'm a fan of Washington, D.C.-based TV shows, so I'm sorry this show didn't make the cut for this fall's schedule on The CW (I guess the world was screaming for a Melrose Place update instead). It's Body Politic and stars Minka Kelly, Jay Hernandez, Jason Dohring, Gabrielle Union, and Tim Matheson. Thankfully, the internet can let us see some scenes from the pilot.

[via The TV Addict]

Joel

Well its not FNL, but Lyla is very easy on the eyes!

May 23 2009 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
William

wow, that looks like an awesome show... I'm kinda disappointed about it not getting picked up, and it has a pretty good cast too.

May 23 2009 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

This is the CW pilot I was most excited for this year. Huge mistake not picking this one up. Canceling Privileged and passing on Body Politic are both bad moves this year. It seems like this could have been the show to give Dawn and Co. at least a little credibility as a network. Instead, they go with more carbon copies of carbon copies. And yet, for some reason, I'm still foolishly holding out hope that we'll see this mid-season.

May 22 2009 at 11:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

I'm a fan of Washington, D.C.-based TV shows,, me too I still miss the CBS half-hour daytime soap Capitol which was only cancelled to make way for the Bold and the Beautiful and I still miss the West Wing.

May 22 2009 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Usama

Gabrielle and Minka? I'M SOLD. ok but seriously, two beautiful women, it has that going for it, I'd watch an episode or two to see how it is

May 22 2009 at 10:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lover

It does look promising. I would have definitely checked it out. From the moment I heard Gabrielle was in it, along with Jason Dohring, I was sold.
But I agree with gabbyd, Minka's voice is irritating. Not a good narrating voice at all.

May 22 2009 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Willmore2000

Nice premise, but I see why it didn't make it.

May 22 2009 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gabbyd

too bad! it seems promising... my only problem is that i hate minka's voice...

May 22 2009 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

I would've checked it out solely because Gabrielle Union was in it.

May 22 2009 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

This WOULD'VE been the only show I watched on the CW. Oh well.

May 22 2009 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply