September 30, 2014

David Tennant isn't done yet

by Brad Trechak, posted May 26th 2009 8:45PM
David TennantIt's not enough to have a cameo appearance on Tonight's The Night. Now, David Tennant is once again reprising his role as everyone's favorite Time Lord in two episodes of the spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures.

He is also reprising the role for a second animated adventure before the year is done.

I can tell he already misses the role. When they do some sort of multiple Doctors story in a future Doctor Who, I'm sure with a minimum of coaxing (perhaps for a bag of crisps) he could be convinced to play the role again.

The third season of the series will broadcast in September, which would occur before the broadcast of Tennant's final bow and would well fit into the continuity of the series (loose as that continuity is).

As far as I'm concerned, Tennant is (to borrow a phrase from his predecessor) fantastic and couldn't appear as the Doctor enough times. I think he should have remained in the role for another couple of years, but that's just me.

Nathaniel

One more thing.. It has become painfully obvious that David is being forced out not leaving because he wants too. I just hope this doesn't kill the franchise for another 16 years..

May 28 2009 at 7:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul in NJ

Ah, but the big question is: When does the Doctor return to SciFi? (Please, not "Syfy"... gag/retch)

May 27 2009 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Paul in NJ's comment
Nathaniel

Not going to scifi.. BBC America picked up first run rights. The Next Doctor runs 6/27. Woo hoo!! Go US for waiting only half a year to air something after it was originally aired elsewhere in the world.. Hopefully with it totally in the hands of the BBC now maybe we too can actually watch the Christmas episode when our Christmas Trees are still up. :)

May 28 2009 at 7:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mj

Hey, I'm an old Dr. Who fan, and up to now, Tom Baker has been my all time favorite. However, David is so fantastic as the Doctor, that, after he's gone, I may not watch. Can't wait to see him on Sarah Jane. Throw in Captain Jack, and it will be perfect.

May 26 2009 at 11:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richie

Tennant deserves to be a star here in America - most Americans only recognize him as that one guy who was in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. His talent attracted a whole new audience of young people to the Doctor Who series (even if this is to the disdain of Old DW fans) and he's wonderful.

May 26 2009 at 9:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pinwiz

That's great and all, but Tom Baker is finally doing audio adventures. I'll freak out after Tennant has been out of the role for 25+ years.

May 26 2009 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply