November 23, 2014

Sneak Peek: TNT's HawthoRNe

by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2009 1:27PM
There are many medical dramas among the new shows announced for the fall, and one of them is TNT's HawthoRNe, starring Jada Pinkett Smith (it also stars Alias' Michael Vartan). Here's the first two minutes of the pilot. The show debuts June 16 at 9 PM.

And for future reference, I'm going to write all of my sentences like HawthoRNe. IT miGHt tAKE somE tIMe, bUt we'Ll gET uSEd TO iT.

Erin

I thought the show was decent. It's not like a documentary where every fact and scene is meant to be proven wrong or right. In an interview with Jada's mom, who is a nurse, she said that very thing, which is why she didn't offer any tips or advice to Jada.

June 23 2009 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nez04

I'm watching and like it very much. Hope the watchers didn't listen to reviewers. We need this kind of show. Hope it goes well after tonight.

June 16 2009 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

Yeah lets try another cocktail like dilaudid and phenergan.

May 29 2009 at 10:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CParis

You do know the title is spelled HawthoRNe because the lead character is an RN?
I'm sure they searched for a name with that combination of letters.

May 28 2009 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CParis

You do know that it's spelled HawthoRNe, because the character is an RN? I'm sure the producers searched for a name with the combination of those two letters.

May 28 2009 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Yokley

Regarding the hospital location, it is filmed at Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital in Inglewood [LA area] CA).

May 28 2009 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Gunter

Ok so I live,was born in Richmond Virginia where this is supposed to be set.I'll be watching to see how good they get that.The Grove Avenue reference was good but there is no Trinity Hospital here and the roof sequence didn't look like here either but I need to see more.I know the show isn't about the location but I've gotten really ticked at shows supposedly set near here that didn't look anything like it like NCIS.The clip isn't anywhere near enough to decide on the show and was a bit too much.And the only hospital that would really suit that sequence is MCV/VCU Medical Center.All the rest here just don't work for that.

May 28 2009 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Odd Comment, but she seems too pretty for her character.

May 28 2009 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply