September 22, 2014

There might be hope for a Moonlight reunion on Three Rivers

by Mike Moody, posted May 28th 2009 12:24PM
moonlight cbs three rivers alex o'loughlin sophia mylesThe networks are in the process of recasting some of their new shows before the fall season starts. Some of the shows getting new cast members include ABC's The Forgotten, CBS' NCIS: Los Angeles, and Three Rivers, also from CBS.

Don't worry Alex O'Loughlin fans. Three Rivers' hunky vamp turned transplant surgeon isn't going anywhere. But his lead co-star, Julia Ormond, has been shown the door. CBS has yet to announce who will replace Ormond on the show. If they're smart, the network will try to nab O'Loughlin's former Moonlight co-star, Sophia Myles, to replace Ormond.

Our coverage of Moonlight and our recent interview with O'Loughlin taught us a few things: There are tons of Moonlight fans out there. They love O'Loughlin, and they'll watch anything he does. O'Loughlin fans also love Sophia Myles. They couldn't get enough of Mick and Beth's season-long love story on Moonlight.

The idea of casting Myles in Three Rivers might seem like a cheap gimmick to grab and keep Moonlight's devoted audience, and it might be, but it's more than that.

Myles is a great actress. Plus she's beautiful and her onscreen chemistry with O'Loughlin can't be beat. Simply put, Three Rivers might turn out to be a better show with Myles on board, and CBS will have an even bigger instant fanbase for the show once it debuts in the fall. I might even watch it.

What do you say, Moonlight fans? Do you want to see Sophia Myles on Three Rivers?

Silvechex

I would love to see Sophia on Three Rivers! I have no problem with that. Only Moonlighters would know who she is in relation to Alex. 8 million watched Moonlight so the rest that didn't wouldn't even know that they were on a show together before Three Rivers. They have such great chemistry together. And if your still wanting that movie go over to for addresses: http://www.alexoloughlinonline.com/482/we-still-believe-in-vampires-moonlight/

and send out your letters expressing your wish to see a Moonlight movie. I think Mr. Silver is still interested in doing a movie or he wouldn't have contacted Alex in December asking him if he would be 'in' for a movie...

June 13 2009 at 5:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TIsh S

I noted manyof you are wanting a Moonlight movie...I am leaving the link to the thread for the Moonlight Movie Crusade... As I stated above...we cannot get one unless we are heard...and work hard to get that movie

Hope to see you there...

June 13 2009 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dyann

I'm all for Sophia being on the show with Alex, but I'm sorry, but it ticks me off that CBS would try to use all our favorites in a new show after they canceled a popular show we all wanted namely MOONLIGHT...I mean it's like they think we are brainless chickens who will just follow and watch anything they do. What's next Jason Dohring getting a heart transplant on the show??? Please CBS just admitt you blew it canceling MOONLIGHT, and lets move on! Also I'm onboard over on Tish's Crusade, and hope you'll all come over and see us there and help us get Joel Silver to do the MOONLIGHT movie we all want!

June 13 2009 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra Fegan

I think Sophie is brilliant. The chemistry between her and Alex is sparkling. I read somewhere the other actress was given the boot due to her english accent coming and going or some such. I don;t know that she was a love interest in the storyline anyway. I sound like Dr Andy is married to his job, living in a motel after his marraige break up.
I disagree with Alex distancing himself form Moonlight. Vincent in Criminal Minds and Andy in 3 R's, are certainly nothing like his Mick St John character. He even looks different, hair shorter, lost weight. But Moonlight was his baby, it's where he made thousands of fans. Fans that will go with him on his acting journey. I know he was very upset when it got cancelled he worked so hard to keep it going.

After all it wasn't the ratings that cancelled it, but a behind the scene, no cast related incidence.

June 13 2009 at 3:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TIsh S

If all of you who have posted that are wishing for a Moonlight movie, then you must not just wish but take some action on it... I have a thread in the Permalinks on Alex O'Loughlin Onlines, please read & it will let all know what we are doing... It is not to be confused with the old campaign for the second season of Moonlight, however... This is a new endeavor altogether & is being thought of as a Moonlight Movie Crusade...

June 13 2009 at 1:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kathy presley

I am really exited to see alex back on tv. Although I am not real familar with Julia Ormond's work I am a big fan of Sophia Myles. Like another said they could make her look older and still look amazing. Make-up does work magic. I can not wait to see this show. I hope that it does well. I think the CBS did a big mistake by taking Moonlight off the air.

June 03 2009 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dimwitte1964

Although I would love to see Alex and Sophia together again, I think she is much too young to be believable as a head of surgery. I am torn, though, because while they do have undeniable chemistry, I think there should be a clean break from Moonlight for both of them (Jason, too, for that matter). However, I would love to see Sophia and Jason guest on the show--maybe as a married couple--how's that for a twist?

May 30 2009 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda Bartell

Pairing Myles with O'Loughlin would be a super-smart move by CBS. How could they lose...with the Moonlight pair who had it going so well on that cancelled series? Their re-pairing would absolutely make me (a Moonlight fan) watch Three Rivers. And it doesn't mean that either actor couldn't eventually do a Moonlight movie...or, dare we hope?...more 'Moonlight.'

May 30 2009 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M. Reddick

I'd love to see them work together again...but I's rather see it in a Moonlight movie.

May 29 2009 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

I would love to see them together again. Don't really know of anything Ormond has done, sorry, but I know O'Loughlin and Myles have great chemistry so I would love to see them together on the new show. Would rather have Moonlight back, but that isn't going to happen. Not sure I will like this new show but since I like Myles and O'Loughlin I will give it a chance and tell all my friends about it!

May 29 2009 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply