September 18, 2014

Wipeout: Stupid or brilliant?

by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2009 3:38PM
WipeoutLast night was the season premiere of ABC's crazy game show Wipeout. I have to admit that it's one of my guilty pleasures. I ignored the show on its first run but started to watch repeats on Sunday afternoons and grew to like the show. The play-by-play is often annoying and I don't know why the contestants have to be so trash-talking and cocky, but it's fun. The new season has new obstacles for people to get through to the $50,000, and I think co-host Jill looks a bit different (though still hot!). What's your take on this show?

What do you think of Wipeout?
It's brilliant!307 (27.8%)
It's stupid!309 (28.0%)
It's probably stupid but I love it anyway489 (44.3%)

Rudy Ortiz

how the hell do u get on the show?

June 24 2009 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michele

I absolutely LUV this show. It's the best medicine around; extreme laughter on steroids. And the Emcee's are hilarious, too. I am so glad it's back.

June 17 2009 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Stupid? Yes. Dumb? Absolutely. But I love it.

June 01 2009 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daniel

God I love this show. Stupid but I so would head out to CA to get on this show. It looks fun!

May 29 2009 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emily

If they opened a Wipeout Amusement Park somewhere my kids would be the first in line.

I might be willing to humilliate myself on TV playing the game but 50k wouldn't be near enough to cover my medical expenses afterward.

May 29 2009 at 9:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Yes, it's stupid and yes, yes, yes, I love it. The way I see it, none of the contestants are forced to do this. They all volunteered. Why shouldn't I get to laugh when they tumble.

Most nights, I watch with a bit of envy thinking, "Man! I'd love to try that even if there wasn't a $50,000 prize."

May 29 2009 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anthony

both

May 28 2009 at 7:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zach

Stupid.

May 28 2009 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cody

Haven't seen it yet this season, is Skunk Boy still one of the commentators?

May 28 2009 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Cody's comment
rmarsack

Yes, Skunk Boy is still there. Yay!

May 30 2009 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jduke

I liked it better when it was called MXC

May 28 2009 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply