August 29, 2014

New shots from Sons of Anarchy's second season

by Jonathan Toomey, posted May 30th 2009 12:01PM

Charlie Hunnam stars in Sons of Anarchy on FX.With Rescue Me plowing through it's massive 22 episode fifth season, it's a little weird to think that we'll be tuning into Denis Leary's FDNY hijnks until September 8th - especially since we're used to having the show be over after about three months.

I'm not really sure what my point is mentioning that, because all I'm doing is piling good news on top of more good news - once Rescue Me ends, Sons of Anarchy is back.

The FX motorcycle drama began filming it's second season recently, with two notable cast additions - Henry Rollins and Adam Arkin. At the time of Rollins casting, nothing was known about his character other than his role as a "new antagonist." Now, according to Fancast, it turns out that both Rollins and Arkin will be playing neo-nazis. If you recall Jax (Charlie Hunnam) and Clay's tumultuous relationship with Darby (Mitch Pileggi) and the Nords, then you know they ain't gonna get along with these two.

If you feel like being spoiled beyond that, pictures and more character info after the jump...

Rollins plays AJ Weston and Arkin plays Ethan Zobelle. Apparently the two of them are going to be quite the thorn in SAMCRO's side. Additionally, Zobelle could be an even bigger problem for stoagie smokin' Clay (Ron Perlman) - he plans to open a cigar shop. Hey - even racists like smooth, oak-aged tobacco, right?

Anyway, here's a few shots from the set of the new season. Rollins, as you'd expect, looks pretty bad-ass and Arkin, well ... he doesn't really look like the neo-nazi type. At least not the stereotypical white supremacist we're used to seeing. As far a premiere date for the new season, still too early to tell, but I'd bet on a late September, early October return.

Adam Arkin as Ethan Zobelle on Sons of Anarchy.

Henry Rollins as AJ Weston on Sons of Anarchy.

Henry Rollins and Adam Arkin in a scene from Sons of Anarchy.

stacey nabors

i freakin love this shit" real life,o" i cant wait till season 2 been waiting forever! party at my house on show nights"all fans welcome!

July 11 2009 at 8:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MattnUT

Being a biker myself I can't belive how much I love this show. I've watched the first season 5 times now (I travel a lot so I have a lot of time to watch stuff lol) Anyway yes the second season is going to awesome! Anyone know where there are some good insider sites are for this show... Not spoilers but just kinda where they are in the filming processes and such???

June 10 2009 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MattnUT's comment
sleevedbiker

yes there is a lot of information at

June 17 2009 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shamon

great show even better something to help me with the shield now off air

May 31 2009 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam

I saw a scary documentary on Neo-Nazis where their new tactic was to blend in, get educations, and attain positions of power. After that they could discriminate in the hiring process and subvert their employees by chipping away at them slowly with their idealogy. I'm sure that's they type of guy Sutter was going for.

May 30 2009 at 9:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rljones

Excellent. Just watched season 1 of this series last weekend and can hardly wait for season 2.
I will never think of Katy Segal as Peggy Bundy ever again. haha

May 30 2009 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rljones's comment
Jimmy

I know what you mean. Sagal has found a part that really shows off her acting ability. An Emmy worth performance.

May 30 2009 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply