October 25, 2014

What are you watching tonight after your local news?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 1st 2009 11:34AM
So Conan O'Brien takes over The Tonight Show tonight, and I was wondering, what are you going to watch tonight? Conan? Letterman? Nightline? Something else?

I'm going to assume (if I may be so bold) that a lot of people are going to be watching Conan tonight. Not just old fans of Late Night or even fans of The Tonight Show. I bet there will be a lot of David Letterman fans watching and maybe even people who don't regularly watch late night television. Tonight is an institution and a lot of TV fans are going to be interested in seeing what exactly Conan is going to do on his first night.

I'm going to predict here and now that he'll thank Jay Leno (unlike Leno, who didn't thank Johnny Carson on his first show). So what are you going to watch?

What are you watching on late night TV tonight?
Conan239 (76.1%)
Letterman21 (6.7%)
Nightline2 (0.6%)
Nothing until Kimmel comes on8 (2.5%)
Will and Grace/Everybody Loves Raymond reruns6 (1.9%)
DVDs6 (1.9%)
News5 (1.6%)
Charlie Rose1 (0.3%)
Nothing, I have laundry to do26 (8.3%)

Bridgette

Um, no local news -- Daily Show followed by Colbert -- Where is colbert as an option?

June 02 2009 at 9:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

I'm usually busy online late at night, but I'll be DVRing Conan for future perusal.

June 01 2009 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

NOPE not me nor will I be watching Jay Leno Mon-Fri at 10pm this Fall

June 01 2009 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R P

Yay! Conan rules!

June 01 2009 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Same thing I usually watch... the other half of O'Reilly on Fox News! I'm sorry but Leno, Conan, Letterman... none of these guys will sit there and argue with a guest like Bill O'Reilly will. They spend too much time with lame bits and pander to the "stars" who come on their shows while Bill goes after everyone - friend or foe! Now THAT'S entertainment!

June 01 2009 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Viv

There is a little program called the Colbert Report that starts at 11:30 ET. Anybody at TVsquad ever heard of it?

June 01 2009 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

The Daily Show/Colbert Report isn't an option?

June 01 2009 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ryan's comment
RevJonathan

Colbert should be, but the Daily Show runs alongside local news.

June 01 2009 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mdisloki

I have to agree with Jimmy. I've always been a bigger fan of Letterman's although I haven't watched regularly in a few years. I'll check out TTS once or twice because I'm curious to see how Conan does, but I don't see myself watching any of the available choices.

June 01 2009 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George McBain

I can't wait to see Conan! Well, I can wait and I will, but I am excited to see him at that time slot. Hope to watch often.

June 01 2009 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
omar

im watching conan to see if he says "stay tuned for jimmy..." just like leno did for all those years.

June 01 2009 at 11:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply