April 20, 2014

What You Missed On Friday: the greatest skateboard trick ever

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 1st 2009 12:08PM
It's not every night that a TV viewer gets to witness history in the making, but that's what happened on Friday when Tony Hawk did an amazing in-studio skateboard trick on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Not only does the audience look stunned, but fellow guest Justin Long looks like he's about to freak out. Well done, Tony. (Video also here, for now anyway.)

Rich

Can't believe I got suckered into watching that bull crap. At least it still cements that I'm missing absolutely nothing by not watching his unfunny show.

June 01 2009 at 11:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Russ

Am I in the minority when I say I liked it? I like how Jimmy gets his audience involved. Justin Long's overacting really sold it for me.

June 01 2009 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Russ's comment
Kelly

I agree, I thought it was clever!

June 10 2009 at 12:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

Should have started with: "This is really stupid and a big letdown, but...."

June 01 2009 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don

I want my three minutes back...

June 01 2009 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank

Hope you guys got paid for this...

June 01 2009 at 2:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vincent Ambrosio

I get that Jimmy Fallon has been pandering to the geek crowd and has likely garnered some internet clout. But seriously, this is just plain stupid and one of the reasons why I don't watch the show. His humor seems so forced and awkward. Maybe someday he'll come into his own. But as of now, John Henson (of Talk Soup and Wipeout non-fame) would do just as good as Jimmy Fallon on this show.

June 01 2009 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply