April 23, 2014

Brian Austin Green in talks to join The CW's One Tree Hill

by Mike Moody, posted Jun 2nd 2009 11:02AM
Brian Austin Green in talks for One Tree HillBeverly Hills 90210 alum Brian Austin Green earned a number of new fans playing the tough, militaristic Derek Reese on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Now, with TSCC officially canceled, Green is heading back to the world of prime time soaps. The actor is currently in talks to join the cast of The CW's One Tree Hill.

According to Variety, Green will potentially play a sports agent who is "enjoying the spoils that come from being a wealthy, handsome single guy" on the veteran drama.

It looks like One Tree Hill might be looking to Green to fill a void left by the departures of stars Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton. Green certainly has Murray beat in the charisma department, and I'm sure the show's fans -- I assume they are mostly young women -- will welcome him with open arms. But I can't help but feel disappointed by this news.

I loved watching Green in Terminator. Simply put, he was rockin' the sh*t in that one! I was hoping he would land a gig on another challenging, action-oriented show or in a decent film franchise, not a teen drama on The CW.

That being typed, I wish the guy the best of luck. I hope he has fun on the show, and I hope this is a stepping-stone to something cooler.

Liz

He didn´t go for One Tree Hill, maybe he´ll head to Melrose Place after all? http://www.celebla.com/2009/06/11/one-tree-hill-bag%C2%B4s-out-robert-buckley-is-in/

June 14 2009 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

he needs a breakthrough role, and there is no way in hell he will find that in a garbage show like OTH.
i know he's got to work and pay the bills, but come on, hold out a little longer!

June 02 2009 at 11:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

Why is One Tree Hill still on the air?

June 02 2009 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
malren

"But I can't help but feel disappointed by this news."

I totally agree. I was hoping for a more serious, dramatic direction from him. He proved he can do it and do it well.

Oh well. Maybe he;ll pick some kick-ass movies to do during off-season.

June 02 2009 at 2:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

I completely agree. I never cared for him, because growing up I saw him and 90210 as annoying and lame. His album, One Stop Carnival didn't help matters. However, after TSCC, I found him to be interesting, and enjoyable. I was really hoping his career would keep going with this new direction. Oh well, can't blame the man for working...

June 02 2009 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pumapayam

If he is going to the CW, why OTH and not 90210?

June 02 2009 at 11:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Pumapayam's comment
ricky19

thats what i was saying, go on 90210 or melrose place, but i guess they need stars to fill the void.

June 02 2009 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply