Heidi and Spencer quit I'm A Celebrity; America shrugs

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 2nd 2009 3:03PM
Spencer and HeidiI guess Heidi and Spencer really took this reality show's title to heart. They really did want to get outta there.*

The two stars of The Hills have quit NBC's new reality show I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Outta Here! They quit after last night's live episode. I watched a few moments of the show while flipping around and I saw that they were either asleep during the show and didn't participate in the last challenge (or whatever the hell they're called on this show) where all of the bugs were let loose on the contestants. The Red Cross, the pair's charity, isn't happy about it.

Every time I think I've seen the worst of television, another show comes along to scrape the bottom of the barrel. This is that show. It's stupid and despicable in almost every single way.

* Though I still refuse to call them "celebrities."

kwall

I think that Heidi and Spencer are a joke! They ARE NOT CELEBRITIES! They just have friends in high places if you even wanna call it that. Both of them are drama kings and queens. Spencer is the biggest f***ing puss there is he even looks like one. If I saw him out in public I would give hima round house kick to the face! He is a loser. You can't have your fame devalued if you don't have it to begin with. Heidi as for you sweetheart you seem like such a sweet girl but you're so gullable! You will believe anything Spencer says even if you know it's not true. I feel so sorry for you.

June 04 2009 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PORSCHE

I am suprised they would show torture on tv...they were upside down with water rising over their faces right?

June 04 2009 at 6:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

This isn't a new reality show though

The first season of the American version was originally aired by ABC in 2003. John Lehr was the host, and the ten contestants were Cris Judd, Melissa Rivers, "Stuttering" John Melendez, Bruce Jenner, Tyson Beckford, Maria Conchita Alonso, Downtown Julie Brown, Nikki Schieler Ziering, Alana Stewart, and Robin Leach. Judd won the series, with Rivers in second place, and Melendez placing third.

This first season of the series on ABC was real good compared to the 2nd season of this series on NBC so it must be something to do with the network LOL ya blame the network this 2nd outing of the series is not so good as the 1st

June 02 2009 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shane Harrison

I'm sad that I even know who these people are.

June 02 2009 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Shane Harrison's comment
GL

I am as well. I'm even more sad that I chose to read something about them. I'm going to start some serious self flagellation now.

June 02 2009 at 6:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elura C.

Thank goodness, I don't. I've actually had to read several articles to even get a clue who they are... and I STILL don't care. :)

June 17 2009 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff N.

NBC needs to can this show. I watched about 45 minutes. Time I'll never get back in my life. It was awful show. Even by reality show standards. NBC is really scraping the barrel for programming these days. Heidi & Spencer .... who cares!

June 02 2009 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

Is there ANYONE who is surprised by this news?

June 02 2009 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply