April 17, 2014

David Carradine dead at 72

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 4th 2009 11:45AM
David CarradineKung Fu star David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok, Thailand hotel.

The cause of death hasn't been confirmed yet. First reports said that there was no cause of death, then his manager said it was natural causes, and now some news outlets are saying he committed suicide by hanging. I'm sure we'll find out more news later today.

Besides his run on Kung Fu, Carradine made a ton of movies, including the Kill Bill films, Crank: High Voltage, Death Race 2000, Mean Streets, Bound For Glory, The Long Riders, Grey Lady Down and many others. He was also in many TV shows over the years, including Alias, Night Gallery, Ironside, Gunsmoke, Medium, and King of the Hill. He also has a role as Gideon in FOX's summer series Mental.

Carradine was in Thailand to film a new movie.

Marcus Thompson

Kung Fu was my introduction to the martial arts and the philosophy of the martial arts. He will be missed.

My David Carradine tribute page on my blog:

Thanks,

Marcus Thompson

June 07 2009 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Felix

I will remember him by wearing this tee, http://www.beastwear.se/David_Carradine.391?lang=en

June 05 2009 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

R.I.P., David. You were one of the best.

June 05 2009 at 10:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

he was found with rope tied around his neck and testicles, sounds to me like foreplay gone wrong, and not suicide.

what a sick perv!

June 04 2009 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deebopalula

God speed, Grasshopper. R.I.P.

June 04 2009 at 10:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robyn

R.I.P. David. My heart goes out to your entire family, especially you Calista. I loved you and hope you find peace from a higher source.

Love, Robyn

June 04 2009 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leroy

Since 1) nude suicides outside of the bathtub or the ocean are very rare, 2) his agent insists that it was an accidental death, and 3) he was found naked in a closet with a rope around his neck and "other parts of his body", the most likely cause of death is the same one a psychic once predicted for Mulder on X-Files, auto-erotic asphyxiation.

June 04 2009 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Leroy's comment
Robyn

R.I.P. David. You were a good man. My heart goes out to you Calista. I loved you and my sympathies to your family.

Love, Robyn

June 04 2009 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mj

My favorite film is Circle Of Iron, which he and Bruce Lee developed. Bruce died before the film was started. He was so fantastic, and such a nice guy. I cannot believe this, and truly grieve for the loss.

June 04 2009 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

RIP David. Kung Fu was a classic.

June 04 2009 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply