December 22, 2014

Han Solo, P.I.

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 4th 2009 7:02PM
We've seen TV show/movie mashup videos before, but this one is rather brilliant. It's the Star Wars movies done as the opening to Magnum, P.I. They didn't just find a few scenes that went well with the music, they actually went through the movie and found exact scenes that fit each scene in the Magnum opening. Below is the video. After the jump, the comparison.

wulfn1

That was cute! Very good comparison. I viewed the one Nathaniel mentioned and wasn't as impressed. Wish I'd have caught this when it was first put on the web.

June 10 2009 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nathaniel

That one was cool. My favorite of these kinds of things (which I don't watch often on purpose, but this one stood out) is definitely the Star Wars/MacGyver opening. Here's a link:

And someone else did a comparison for that one:

June 07 2009 at 1:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
larry

cinematical just had this posted up the other day but its great to watch it again

June 05 2009 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galto

Brilliant! One of my favorite childhood TV shows and my favorite movie series. I cried with joy just a little.

June 05 2009 at 7:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

I would totally watch that show

June 04 2009 at 9:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claire

It's even more impressive once you see the comparison version. Then you can see just how well-done it is, making it more awesome than it was previously. I have to say I wouldn't mind Star Wars re-written to the perspective of Han Solo, P.I.

June 04 2009 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

Obviously, someone with too much time on their hands. But just the same, it was great.

June 04 2009 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply