September 23, 2014

Law and Order: The Drowned and the Saved (season finale) - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 4th 2009 8:08AM
Law and Order

I haven't warmed up to Jeremy Sisto and Anthony Anderson, but I still like the second half of the Law and Order team. This season finale was ... convoluted. I was lost about 20 minutes into it, even after McCoy went to the board and literally drew a graphic for the audience to explain what was going on. In short, an S&M murder case led back to Tom Everett Scott's governor character and his wife, and hinted at an interesting race next season (which will see the show on at a new day and time, Friday at 8 PM).

What did everyone else think?

James K

You will find complete recaps and more here. Excellent site.

June 09 2009 at 3:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pogodog7

I thought this episode was very good. Unfortunately, we lost our satellite signal 12 minutes before the show concluded. Can anyone fill me in to what happened just as the lesbian politician was going to testify to the Grand Jury?

June 05 2009 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

Ya when Jack McCoy wrote the names on board and explained the connections and motives the D.A. team was like Awwww Yaaa and I was like Huh what ?? lol but I am finally glad they were able to stick it to the Governor guy that McCoy tried to get last season on the bawdy house visits but like a politician he weasled out of the charges back than somehow.

June 04 2009 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BillS

The episode was pretty confusing for a bit, when Jack diagrammed the whole thing out, I couldn't keep track of the names. But I have to admit, I'm the opposite. I'm really enjoying Anderson/Sisto, but the DA team isn't doing much for me. Linus Roache is too much like Jack, and Alana de le Garza is just kind of there.

June 04 2009 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Riley Freeman

i love this law and order always have always will. i think the day jack mccoy is gone is the day id stop watching though. i know hes gettin up there in age but i love his character very passionate.

June 04 2009 at 12:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rich

criminal intent is a great show

June 04 2009 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

I think L&O will die on Fridays.

June 04 2009 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JennieO

I thought the episode was very well done, and enjoyed getting more of Jack McCoy than we're used to since he moved up. Interesting plot, well acted. 100% better than the pathetic, badly plotted, over-emoted SVU season finale.

June 04 2009 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply