April 18, 2014

Bender's back, baby! New Futurama episodes are in our future

by Danny Gallagher, posted Jun 8th 2009 11:05AM
The cast of Futurama
Have you grown tired of bad TV news? And by bad TV news, I mean bad news about television shows. Bad "TV news" is redundant.

Well, get ready for some good news. No wait, get ready for some great news. No, great doesn't really describe it. Here is some grantasticularly wondergasmiclicious news! (And my 12th grade English teacher said I'd never amount to anything as a writer.)

Comedy Central has ordered all brand new episodes of Futurama, and the show has officially gone back into production.

An insider told Collider.com that the network has given the series an order for 13 additional episodes to air now that the network has run through all of the series' original episodes and the four full-length DVD movies. This news has sparked rumors that production has officially started again on the series and casting is underway.

It's not just good news for Futurama fans, even though the fans are slipping into grinning comas and twitching with joy over the news. And who can blame them? It's one of the few comedy series that just seems to get better and better the longer its run gets. It's the bizarro According to Jim.

It's also good news to every show that has been cancelled before its time. Matt Groening, David X. Cohen and company have proved that no show can truly die just because a single-minded network doesn't have the patience to let it develop and expand. Their dedication to the show and its fans is truly astounding, and if new episodes do make it to Comedy Central's doorstep, disappointed fanboys across the universe will have one less thing in life to be disappointed about.

Dr Grumpy

Thank you!!!!!!! This is one of the reasons for having SKY!
Futurama is much funnier than the Simpsons and I am so glad that a new series is coming it means I can get away from all the dross on TV (X Factor, Peter & Jordan any reality show on UK TV)

August 18 2009 at 5:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
watch tv episodes

July 24 2009 at 7:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
elkyfilth

Fanboys? I'm a girl and I like Futurama...is that ok Mr Gallagher?

June 15 2009 at 4:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JCRogers

As the founder of the Infosphere, I am pleased. Now we can expand forever!

June 10 2009 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bender

Awesome! More episodes of me, Bender! That wonderful robot you all know and love!

June 10 2009 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Flexo

Let the robotic police beatings begin... awww yeah!

June 10 2009 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
butterz

im super excited aswell, but u all should have known they'd never run out of ideas, judging by the simpsons lol. but yeah, funding was just the problem here i spose

June 10 2009 at 9:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jayflow

THE BEST NEWS IN THE WORLD OR THE UNIVERSE!!!

June 10 2009 at 1:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MayorBee

I pooped also, a little with joy and excitement. I'm so happy!

June 10 2009 at 1:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scammer Aliens

my sprunjer detects... hilarity!

June 09 2009 at 10:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply