Things I learned from Rolling Stone's Adam Lambert interview

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 9th 2009 6:07PM
LambertAmerican Idol runner-up Adam Lambert is on the cover of the new Rolling Stone, and he reveals a lot of information. Eight things I learned:

1. He's gay.
2. He's "glamboyant." (To quote Liz Lemon, that's a thing now?)
3. He doesn't tuck.
4. He had a crush on Kris Allen.
5. He has only dressed in drag three or four times.
6. He's not a civil rights leader.
7. He had a "psychedelic experience" at Burning Man
8. Seriously, he's gay.

lane

The man is one of the most talented singers i have ever heard. I don't care who he pokes. He just has to be sexy to look at and make me feel the sex in his music. He fills the bills. A FAN 4 life.

June 13 2009 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lane

Adam was just adorable on 20-20. We only love him more. To know he had to over come bigets and idots. He has only been in love once. He said he has had his heart broke. dang he sounds just like any young guy. he sexuality is unaversal. That it a great way to say bi.
I would think it is just about meeting a quality women.
If u never had sex with a female/No one sleeps with a woman they work with in case they may come back and say negitive things. I am sure he did not to sleep with any of the unground cluber type chics. So the world is now open to Adam Lambert. Can't wait to see where he is headed.

June 13 2009 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lane

He can be gay. it is not against the law. I am a straight woman and i want to hear and see him alot. that is not against the law. maybe the mass texting is. why are we not doing shows on that issue? Give the man his dues for being one of the most talented people america has found in decades. We will be the losers if we keep this gay issue going.

June 12 2009 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lane

I think he is bi also. wishful thinking i guess. I don't care cause i like what i see and what i hear. I am a fan for life.

June 12 2009 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lane

Of course he is gay. duh.
More the point... we never cared. It was a talent competiion. He was the best and there was proof he and the voters were cheated. Stay focused dem whitts.
There was a wrong done and the public was and still r upset. Adam is hot and talented and not the only gay working entertainer in La. or N Y or anywhere in the world. This kind of slander is just that...slander...
He is still a talented guy with great stage presents and
class. We still want him. For him, not to make a sexual
stand of any kind. Rediculous....

June 12 2009 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

querty 1888, thanks for the PSA. I love this place.

June 10 2009 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
petra222

What does that mean, "He doesn't tuck"?

June 10 2009 at 1:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to petra222's comment
querty1888

"tucking" is how drag queens hide/disguise their packages. here's an instructional video courtesy of ru paul: http://www.logoonline.com/video/misc/332017/how-to-tuck-bonus-video-from-rupauls-drag-race.jhtml?id=1600248

to the extent that dressing up in any costume is a form of drag, some might say that adam's androgenous performance styles are a type of genderfuck drag - drag that isn't trying to create an impression of realness. so he might be all dolled up but still rock out with his cock out. (he didn't do as much of that on the show as photos online suggest he's done at other points in time).

June 10 2009 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin Williams

Nice one, well played.

June 09 2009 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin Williams

WOW...I didnt see that one coming.

June 09 2009 at 9:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Justin Williams's comment
Justin Williams

WOW...I didnt see that one coming.

June 09 2009 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

still think he's secretly bi

June 09 2009 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply