December 21, 2014

Heroes' Greg Grunberg disses The Listener on Twitter

by Mike Moody, posted Jun 10th 2009 3:02PM
greg grunberg heroes the listener twitterUpdate: The post on Grunberg's page was a retweet originally written by someone else. (Apparently, I need Grunny to control my mind and actions!)

Greg Grunberg is reading my mind.

Yesterday, the Heroes actor tweeted a short rant about The Listener, NBC's new show about a paramedic who can read people's minds. As everyone who watches Heroes knows, Grunberg plays a mind reader on his show, which also airs on NBC.

Here are Grunberg's thoughts on the new mind reader in town:

"wht is ths "The Listener" crap. thr's alrdy a show abt a mindreader on tv, its called heroes, & @greggrunberg is all we need."

I know this isn't big news, but I think it's noteworthy, mostly because I had the same thought. Why would NBC want two shows that feature a dude who reads people's minds? I guess only the network, um, brass could answer that question. Still, it's fun to see a guy like "Grunny" comment on the oddness of it all.

All this, of course, begs the question: Who is the better mind reader, Grunberg's Matt Parkman or Toby from The Listener? Toby seems to get fewer headaches than Matt does, but Matt can alter people's perception of reality, a la Professor X, to make them believe whatever he wants them to believe. I haven't seen Toby do anything that cool yet.

Jodi

Heroes sucks!!!! I think The Listener was great. They didn't give it a chance. There are so many shows on that I find stupid and boreing, they finally get one that is halfway decent and cancel it!!

August 11 2009 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mf2ltl2l8

Oh yeah. Forgot to say, the Listener is H.O.T. looking and it's a pretty good show too.

July 10 2009 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mf2ltl2l8

Well Fox has two quirky doctor shows now so why can't NBC have two mindreaders, especially when one of the shows is only like 4-6 episodes per season and then we have to wait forever to see new ones. (Bones is a quirky doctor too making three if you count non living patients)

July 10 2009 at 12:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ari

I think Greg Grunberg is right. I'm saying this because he's a mind reader IN a tv show. Theres nobody out there can do better. Heroes does not suck. What r u guys smoking just because Heroes is NOT as GOOOOD as season 1 doesn't mean for u to hate it. I admit last couple of seasons were off but actually if u put it this way it certainly is fun. Heroes is the best damn tv show out there and believe it or not, its the most entertaining show there is. Also , I haven't watch the listener and not planning to watch it.

June 14 2009 at 6:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cdawg

well there is enough room for Psych and it's rip off the Mentalist, which is actually doing better, so whatev...

June 11 2009 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric H

Why would you want to watch a show about a mind reader? Mind reading is a terrible violation of a person, I am not sure how they handle it on "The Listener", but it doesn't sound too good.

June 11 2009 at 8:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

Twitter condenses everything you say to 160 characters. You are blowing things out of proportion Mike.

Greg can't be THIS dumb to actually think that he has a TM on telepaths on every show out there. That's just insane.

June 11 2009 at 8:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DVR Life

Why so many Heroes haters? The show may have slipped in writing quality, but Parkman is a pretty awesome character and Greg Grunberg is a good actor.

I've watched the first couple episodes of The Listener and it's pretty decent for summer TV and the two shows are completely different.

Plus The Listener is a Canadian show that's been imported for the summer. It's not like NBC created a new mind reader show.

June 11 2009 at 3:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynn

To reiterate what commenters already said, this particular tweet was a retweet. He did make a second tweet himself, but considering so much of what he writes on his twitter is tongue-in-cheek, I wouldn't take it seriously.

June 11 2009 at 3:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Imp

It was a retweet. From me. =D
First Grunny retweets me, then I get an article about it on tvsquad? Good couple of days for me! haha

June 11 2009 at 12:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply