October 23, 2014

Mental: Book of Judges - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 10th 2009 10:31AM
CarradineOK, I have to admit that I was a little uneasy watching David Carradine's performance last night. Maybe it's the fact that he died just last week, but watching him in a wheelchair, unable to move and just staring into space, that was a little strange.

I also have to say I'm not a fan of this show's hero. What's up with that evil smile at inappropriate moments and his overall weird demeanor? Is he always like that?

stjohnob

Has anyone noticed that the outdoor shots of the hospital is the same hospital used in Grey's Anatomy?

June 13 2009 at 3:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
evah

Have to admit I also have eerie feelings watching David Carradine in this role considering the unfortunate circumstance.
I thinks Chris Vance is great in this role of Dr. Jack Gallagher....& not for a second did i give "The Mentalist" a single thought.
But sadly the ratings are not that great for "Mental".

June 10 2009 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ryan

Completely agree about the lead on the show. I think they were going for a Mentalist vibe, but they don't have Simon Baker and thus utterly fail.

June 10 2009 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ryan's comment
BC McKinney

Ahhh, but Simon Baker doesn't take off his shirt in each episode.

June 10 2009 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard

I also like the lead character. Seems good in the part. Carradine's part was a bit creepy especially with his death only being a week away. He didn't speak at all! However, he did an excellent job at playing the part. Not many people could have done it as realistically. He was a fine actor.

June 10 2009 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I like the main character a lot. I think the actor makes a superb leading man, and I like how the character smiles all the time rather than be openly confrontational. I was watching last night's episode thinking, "I wish I could deal with office politics like that".

But I agree with you on David Carradine. It was creepy.

June 10 2009 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply