August 22, 2014

Everybody knows what this commercial is talking about

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 11th 2009 2:29PM
This is one of my favorite recent ads. It's from the UK and it's for Heinz ketchup. Notice that they don't even show the bottle (until the very end) or mention it. Ketchup bottles are such an ordinary part of our lives that just a few hand motions and a shot of where most people keep it in the fridge is all it needs to sell it. I also love the bit with the knife. We've all been there.

Hunt's, it's your move.

[via AdFreak]

Creep

Brilliant commercial.

June 11 2009 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

You know, over here this motion is also the one for "shagging" to use a brit word, so you should really have a bottle when you do that or otherwise you might get some funny looks...

June 11 2009 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ron

I don't even watch commercials anymore... But, I watched this one.

Loved it!

June 11 2009 at 3:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cody

Is there a commercial blog I can read? I just cannot get enough commercials.

June 11 2009 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Cody's comment
Donald

I love commercials too. I use my DVR to record shows so that I can fast forward through the boring tv shows and watch just the commercials. I wish this blog had more posts about commercials...who needs tv reviews anymore.

June 11 2009 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

What, no one hitting the 57? Everyone knows that is the best way to get a new bottle flowing. Great effects too...The slow-mo of the hands flopping as it hits the bottom, as well as the fingers being pressed against the bottles.

June 11 2009 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply