November 23, 2014

Artie Lange is more interesting than the sports stars on Joe Buck Live

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 16th 2009 1:27PM
Artie Lange, Paul Rudd, and Jason Sudeikis were on the premiere episode of Joe Buck Live last night, and let's just say that Lange took control of the show with a dirty put down to Buck after the host brought up TMZ.com. (The after-the-show webcast can be seen at HBO's site, but it seems to be down right now.). Sports Illustrated has more, including comments from HBO and Buck.

Oh, Brett Favre was on the show too.

[via Awful Announcing]

geekd

chadwick:

if you just watched the Artie clip, then I can understand your point of view. But I watched he whole show, and I have to say it was boring as hell, except for Artie's segment. Buck is a poor host.

June 17 2009 at 5:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eli

HBO, Joe Buck & the producers of his incredibly boring show are not amateurs, I'm sure they knew exactly what they were getting into by booking Artie on an uncensored, live, pay cable talk show. If he wasn't on last night no one would have given a care about the show. Everyone's sick of Brett Favre (who also cussed during his interview) and how he yanks teams around, he's worn out his welcome. Artie was incredible last night, if it wasn't for him I would not have even known Joe Buck (who is a great play-by-play man but a horrible interviewer) had a new show.

June 16 2009 at 11:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

I just marked my calendar. First funny video in about four weeks on TV Squad. Great.

June 16 2009 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cdawg

agreed. it was pretty funny, and you have to know that Artie is going to be a jerk if you have him booked on your show.

June 16 2009 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave

Apparently Joe and HBO didn't do their homework on Artie. They should have known who Artie is, what show he's on, and his brand of comedy. All the outrage is a bit funny to me considering this is probably the only Joe Buck show that will garner any headlines and will probably be the most watched show in it's short life.

June 16 2009 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cliff

Artie was hilarious. In a good way. A lot of very funny lines, and a great story about Jack Buck.

June 16 2009 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chadwick hansford

I just watched that bit. Wow! Artie lange must have been drunk or high. At least I hope he was! Everyone was embarrassed just to be in the same room with him. What a loser. HBO representives did come out and say it was a disaster and they will never have him back on any show what so ever. Why was he even on the show in the first place is what am trying to figure out?

June 16 2009 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to chadwick hansford's comment
Sam

Would anyone have cared about the show if he didn't do what he did? No. Joe Buck should be kissing his feet.

June 16 2009 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jillian Romanger

I thought Artie was hilarious and anyone that didn't think so doesn't have a sense of humor and is taking themselves way to seriously.

June 16 2009 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply