September 18, 2014

Top ten things overheard at the "Fire David Letterman" rally

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 17th 2009 1:25PM
So there was still a "Fire David Letterman" rally last night outside the Ed Sullivan Theater. There were between 50 and 100 people there, some supporting Dave and some...well, not supporting him. Gawker and The Village Voice were there and documented what went down.

Dave didn't duck the protesters either. Here's his Top Ten list from last night. (And after the jump, a bonus: Lyle the intern!).

Dan Buckley

I heard these protesters being interviewed on a radio show and these people are out of their mind. I don't even think they know what part Palin is on. If the head of CBS and the advertisers would talk to these people they would laugh at them. These people are whack jobs seeking attention. They really don't speak for anyone.

June 19 2009 at 12:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Love Letterman. Always have, always will.

June 18 2009 at 10:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric H

I never really liked Letterman before, but now I am a new fan, in spite of these whack jobs.

June 18 2009 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guess Who

Always liked Letterman - now I like him more. Class act all the way.

June 17 2009 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

Gotta love the average IQ of Palin supporter. They're there protesting Letterman's jokes about Saray's appearance and here kids, when they themselves called his wife a "slut" and his child "bastard".

June 17 2009 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Eric's comment
CM

Welcome to the modern conservative movement...they have no real ideas just useless distractions.

June 17 2009 at 4:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

I love the fake outrage. This week it is Letterman. Next week, I'm sure they'll find something else to bitch and complain about.

June 17 2009 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anonymoose

That was supposed to be funny? I'll stick with Conan.

June 17 2009 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Benjh

You're missing on the worth of it, the New York Mag Video:
You should update your post with this.

June 17 2009 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Benjh's comment
Dean

Saw this earlier today. I'm still wondering if these weren't actors planted by a radio station because they're just to outrageous to be real. Or are they?

June 17 2009 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian

Official Youtube version, for those who need it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8euPHlXDyE

June 17 2009 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply