October 21, 2014

Guess why David Cross hates Jim Belushi

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 18th 2009 3:02PM
David CrossOK, I'm going to trust you not to read this piece in the New York Daily News where David Cross explains why he has dumped on Jim Belushi so much over the last ten plus years. Before you read it, vote in the poll below. What happened to make the Mr. Show/Arrested Development star dislike Belushi?

And no, it's not because Cross wanted to be the lead on According To Jim.

Why does David Cross hate Jim Belushi?
Belushi wouldn't sign an autograph for Cross' friend287 (23.3%)
Belushi beat him out for a movie role62 (5.0%)
They both dated the same woman69 (5.6%)
He overheard Belushi saying nasty things about him93 (7.6%)
According To Jim was on way too long199 (16.2%)
He doesn't, it's a gag between the two521 (42.3%)

OK, go read the article now.

izikavazo

How much would it suck to be a comedian on the funniest show ever that gets cancelled way too early and have another comedian on a not even slightly funny show that goes forever and ever.

June 22 2009 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
danachadwick71

My husband had the chance to meet Mr. Belushi in June of 2002. I was in the hospital after having our 3rd child and Mr. Belushi happliy signed an autograph for me for my husband, congratulating us on the birth of our daughter. He may have not had the best show on TV, but it was good for a few laughs. He was one of the nicest of the celebs that came into my husbands restaurant and there were a few that came in-Ben Vereen, Tony Soprano and Paulie, Charlie Gibson and even C Evertt Koop.

June 19 2009 at 7:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to danachadwick71's comment
Beanie

you know Tony Soprano isn't his real name, right?

June 19 2009 at 11:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deebopalula

I waited on Jim Belushi once many years ago while he was filming a movie in NYC. He was one of the nicest and most well mannered people I've ever waited on, even taking time to compliment my service to the manager. And he was a very generous tipper too.

Definitely not a fan of "According To Jim" though......

June 21 2009 at 6:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vito

OK, I wouldn't call the autograph recipient a "friend". Replace "friend" with "sick child" and you get a better idea of what he's talking about. Saying he wouldn't sign an autograph for his friend makes it sound trivial and petty.

June 18 2009 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zachary

The same reason everyone hates him: because he's not John.

June 18 2009 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Zachary's comment
scott

heh heh heh

June 18 2009 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vito

Yes, I have to think that John, at 55 years old, would sign an autograph for a sick kid.

June 18 2009 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

I just hate him because he's not funny.

June 18 2009 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply