August 1, 2014

The Unusuals: The E.I.D. (series finale) - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 18th 2009 9:04AM
The Unusuals

Remember when The Unusuals premiered? At first it looked like one of those shows that didn't get gangbuster ratings or critical acclaim, but you sensed that it would be a show ABC would get behind and renew for a second season. Well, that renewal went to Castle. But a lot of people are really going to miss this show.

What did you think of the series finale?

gabby

I really enjoy this show, I'm watching the final episode on dvr right now, and I don't want it to be over.
I hope another network picks it up. Its awesome

July 03 2009 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stacywitt

I watched this show and to my surprise I loved it. It was funny and querky. It had it's serious side somewhat but I liked the characters and enjoyed the oddaties it had, down to the funny things the dispatcher had to say, I was hoping it would stick around, but like so many other shows that don't quite fit in the popularaty contest, it is gone.

June 25 2009 at 5:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carole

I reallyreally liked this show. The characters were gradually drawn out into real people so well - people you actually would like to be meet in real life. The plots were compelling and quirky, cool-stupid-goofy sometimes and down and dirty serious at other times. Superlative writing. I looked forward every week to a new episode. PLEASE! somebody pick this show up and revive it! There's so little worth watching as it is. It's my second favorite show of the year, behind the ultrafabulous Friday Night Lights.

June 24 2009 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

I really liked this show. It was different and very creative. I loved the different characters. My entire family loved it! Why do networks keep showing reality shows and not a good tv show that you can enjoy after a hard day at work??? If I wanted to watch people argue and bicker over nothing, I could do that at home! haha

June 24 2009 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chams

I really liked this show - quirky, honest, entertaining. Better than Castle, which just tries too hard. I'm tired of investing my time in shows that are cancelled before they're even give a chance. Stupid reality shows...why? Network television is failing miserably and I'm just about done with all. For now though, I'm just done with ABC. To the others...beware.

June 21 2009 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bkdealer

It's a shame it was cancelled--I enjoyed it & I'll miss it.

June 20 2009 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan Cordes

As usual, it is not unusual for the suits or whatever number crunching, bean counting types to cancel a show that is unusual and interesting. Another reminder not to watch ABC, you cancel good shows such as Life on Mars and back mindless, plotless, reality shows. Back to cable with HBO and SHO and maybe even a good book.
As far as I'm concerned, you are cancelled.

June 19 2009 at 7:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
johnny

ABC is done for me. The Unusuals is the best show on tv. Boo ABC

June 18 2009 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

This show was better than "Castle". I'm going to miss it dearly...

June 18 2009 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

I LOVED Castle and the Unusuals, and was surprised and saddened to hear from TV Squad that Castle took the Unusuals spot for renewal. Noah Hawley, Creator, has been tweeting the possibility of a Cable pickup, so keep wishing!!!
Take my TV Show Survey! What cancelled tv show are you most going to miss? http://poll4.com/pueslA
Contact ABC and get petitioning for a pickup!!!

June 18 2009 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply