October 1, 2014

This Monday, Jon & Kate will make a special announcement

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 18th 2009 1:33PM
TLC has a new promo for this Monday's "special" episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8. The couple, going through marital problems that have been well documented everywhere, have a special announcement to make to fans of the show.

So, what could this announcement possibly be? Divorce? Separation? They bought a new couch? Maybe they're going to add another kid to the family and the show will now be called Jon & Kate Plus 9.

My guess? They're going to sell all of the kids to Brad and Angelina, buy a Winnebago, and drive across the country for their new show Jon & Kate: Who Needs Kids Anyway?

[via People]

Toni Kauffman

I have watched the show for months and have enjoyed watching the children grow like many of us have...thus the ratings. However, I think it is sad that we also are witnessing in every possible medium, the difficulties they are now experiencing as a family. I can only imagine how they must be examining all of the decisions they have made over the last six or seven years and wondering where they would be now if they had done things differently.

Money,no money, show, no show marriage no marriage...I will keep them in my prayers and hope that they will find the best solution as a family, for their family.

July 27 2009 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

People.com reported today that Jon and Kate filed divorce papers in PA this afternoon.

The article states that Jon wants OUT of the limelight and Kate wants to continue on the show.

June 22 2009 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kate

Jon is looking at apartments. I think it would be so sad for them...especially the kids. I like the show and I thought they displayed some good techniques for minimizing the craziness of 8 kids. Are U kidding, I could not do it.

June 19 2009 at 11:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deebopalula

Wow. Some people seem to have a LOT of time on their hands. Really.

June 19 2009 at 11:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
moneyremix

An old friend of Jon's (Not Kate's) Speaks Up!: http://tinyurl.com/oyqsfm

June 19 2009 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I'm gonna go ahead and confess this, 'cause I bet I'm not the only one: one of the reasons I watched the show was to see what God-awful ball-busting thing Kate was gonna say to Jon next, and what his whiny little passive-aggressive response was gonna be. Or how far up the Richter scale Maddy's next tantrum would go. It's kind of like watching Nascar races - fun to watch, but be honest now: isn't some tiny part of you watching for the wrecks?

June 19 2009 at 8:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hannaR

When Jon and Kate cross-connected their show with American Choppers... that was the moment this show JUMPED THE SHARK! KAte and Mikey getting pedicures together, really???
I used to love this show but am soooooo over it.
Now the only reality show I watch religiously is Troy Dunn The Locator! Who doesn't totally love that show!! Proof there IS still some good reality tv shows... well.... one now that Jon and Kate SUCK.

June 19 2009 at 1:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

If the promo mentions that this decision will hopefully bring peace to all how does divorce bring peace????

June 18 2009 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Anne's comment
am_hollitz

When divorce is amicable, there's a lot of peace to be had, and not just for the parents.

Despite a lot of parents thinking that they should stay together for the sake of the children, more than a few kids grow up to resent it.

A good friend of mine commented, in her sophomore year of college, how glad she was when her parents finally called it quits. "I don't know why they thought we should all have to live as miserable as them."

June 22 2009 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

I must respond to BHcolin's comments:
1)She wrote, "They thought it was a great way to capture memories on film--get to do things for free, i.e., trips, zoo.
The truth is any family has multiply ways to capture memories of their growing famililes. Afterall, 99.9% of all families do this WITHOUT signing up for over 140+ episodes of broadcasting their kids most private moments for the entire nation to view. THEY DID THE SHOW FOR THE TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY. I am fine that they did the first and second documentaries about raising sexpulents. But when their family started to fall apart they should have stopped the show after the third season at the most. IT IS CALLED GREED.
2) BHcolin wrote: They got to do things for free, trips, zoo. Funny you didn't mention the free plastic surgery TRIP. Jon's free hair plugs TRIP when they left their kids home sick. The numerous out-of-state spa treatments. Jon's two ski trips. The above mentioned had NOTHING to do with their kids getting any benefits. It only benefitted them and their vanities.
3) BHcolin wrote: "Kate is nit-picky. It is refreshing to see a marriage with flaws." Kate is so so beyond nit-pickiness it is silly. She is mean, beratting, critical, labeling her children with very unkind remarks, hitting, etc. I am sure their children (and their children) will treasure viewing the rest of their lives the countless DVD's & reruns & numerous blogs about their family falling apart. How sweet to have on DVD the very painful break-up of their family. I am glad BHcolin that you enjoy watching their flaws but I am sure their children will not.
3)BHcolin wrote: People call Kate a wh re because she wears a sundress. Are you really that thick? Her sundresses reveal her bust busting out screaming, "everyone look at my boobs, look, look". It is very unbecoming for a mother of 8 and for a Assemble of God Christian woman to dress like that. And her blue jean skirt is sooo short. And her very tiny bikini's. She does look trashy. Would she wear that bikini, that low-revealing sundress, that super short skirt on a field trip with the church? Heavens no!! She loves the fame of the world. The christian way to seperate yourself from the world (not literally). She goes to numerous churches and collects huge amts. of money from the churchmembers.
4)BHcolin wrote: "She made Emeril put onions on the casserole". I don't think anyone even mentioned the onions. But everyone did mention her hitting Emeril twice and Kate's snide remarks about Jon in front of Emeril. That is terrible.
5) Others wrote that if the show goes away they will have to go back to living in a small house. And they wouldn't have money to pay for college for the 8. Jon and Kate have made mult-millions off of 140 episodes of TV, reruns, DVD sales, two books, church offerings, promotional stuff, etc. People wake up. This is a fact that is easily figured out. And Jon showed poor judgement with that girl (nobody had proof he cheated) AND Kate showed poor judgement with that silverheaded bodyguard. Jon even highly suspected that Kate was cheating with the guard. So did Kate drop the guard and hire another to put Jon's suspicions at rest. NO....Jon and Kate both showed poor judgement. I would not be shocked if they announce Monday that they have already been legally separated for the past many months. Shame on both of them equally for the sham marriage renewal vows. They promised their kids (less than 10 months ago) that they are going to be married forever.

ANd the state of Penn. gave the kids free college when they were born. It is a fact on tape. So please not another person whine that they had to do the show to put the kids through college and make money. Fine, a few documentaries would have made them an easy million or two. But they had to be greedy and go for 4 years of taping making multi-millions and causing great stress on ALL their family.

Lastly, what makes me livid about the spanking (not beating, BHcolin) is not that Kate did it. But that Kate never spanked any of her 8 kids in over 100+ episodes of TV. If she believes in it.. fine. But why didn't she spank them on Jon and Kate plus 8. I tell you why? It doesn't make for good TV. Kate got caught with the paps long lens. SHE IS A GREEDY, LYING, FRAUD.

June 18 2009 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Susan's comment
D Colin

and I must respond to Susan

this says so much
"And Jon showed poor judgement with that girl (nobody had proof he cheated) AND Kate showed poor judgement with that silverheaded bodyguard" ------ What proof do people have Kate fooling around with the bodyguard - none but Kate is attacked just the same. You made sure to point out there was no proof with Jon but Kate is stated like fact.

and Susan, so you work for TLC and know that, " a few documentaries would have made them an easy million or two" really a million or two from a TLC documentary.

the plastic surgery ---- mmmmmmm did you see her stomach. Please what woman after having 8 kids and having their body stretched like hers was wouldn't jump at the chance to have a nip tuck. I mean really.

it appeared to me that after the last season (that ended in Jan./Feb) that they were already committed to another season. Now TLC is a business, they had a contract with the family. Getting out of a TV contract I'd assume isn't as easy as quitting The Gap. They had the number one show on the network. Even with the ratings slide, they still get higher ratings than most of what TLC airs. I do think that TLC might be more inclined to release them now with all the negative press and slide in ratings - but I don't have inside information on how they deal with their business.

Yes Susan I'm that "thick". I go to the parks on nearly a daily basis and see moms wear sun dresses like what I've seen Kate in. It's not shocking or scandalous. And her bikini -- she was at a beach. People wear swimsuits. Even 30somethings wear a bikini. I didn't think it looked trashy but I'm glad you are the fashion police and have corrected my "thick" views.

maybe no one one this post commented on the onion thing, but believe me it has been on different sites - and I think I just needed to vent all things John and Kate that's been building up. And her and Emeril seemed to have a very playful relationship on that episode and her hitting him seemed playful - but that's only my opinion.

really look at the adjectives people use with her she flaunts her bikini body, Kate beats Leah (and yes it was said many times at JustJared,youtube and other sites). It's how people word things. They over exaggerate everything she does.
"She's a fame wh-re" according to many. Well they've said that about both. Really. Don't you think that they just got caught up in it. It's all very seductive. Spa vacations, trips for Skiing, visits to Oprah, trip to Disney World - wouldn't a lot of people be like ya I want to do that. It's normal for people to want to be able to do fantastic things. They aren't perfect. I never said that they were -- they have flaws. I know I do - I learn from them. Sometimes it takes a while to get it and to do better.

and Susan you said
"what makes me livid about the spanking (not beating, BHcolin) is not that Kate did it. But that Kate never spanked any of her 8 kids in over 100+ episodes of TV. If she believes in it.. fine. But why didn't she spank them on Jon and Kate plus 8. I tell you why? It doesn't make for good TV. Kate got caught with the paps long lens. SHE IS A GREEDY, LYING, FRAUD. " so again Susan I must ask - do you work for TLC? Maybe she has spanked her kids before but TLC didn't think it would make for good TV. Or maybe it was her first time spanking one of her kids - I certainly don't know, do you know for fact it was or wasn't the first time.

and you wrote
"Shame on both of them equally for the sham marriage renewal vows." so you know they were having troubles then, you've got that inside knowledge. Things happen in a marriage that only the people in that marriage know - maybe they thought it would strengthen their marriage. maybe something happened after the renewal that we don't know anything about. I'm glad you are so perfect that you can judge them so harshly. My goodness you must be an amazingly perfect person.

and you responded to me saying "Yes, Kate can be nit picky. I often looked at the couple and saw my brother and sister-in-law. He always seemed to be wrong and she always right -- but really doesn't that happen a lot in marriages. It was actually refreshing to see a marriage with flaws and all on screen."
by writing
"BHcolin wrote: "Kate is nit-picky. It is refreshing to see a marriage with flaws." Kate is so so beyond nit-pickiness it is silly. She is mean, beratting, critical, labeling her children with very unkind remarks, hitting, etc."
and yeah she hits him, not in a call 911 Kate is at it again way--- but that's my opinion. Yes she's critical, runs a tight ship, ocd and sometimes has said something mean to Jon. Again - never claimed she was perfect. If

June 19 2009 at 4:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

I think they are going to announce this is their last season and that for the kids sake they are going to try and get back to being a family. On a slightly didderent note I think a lot of Jon's problems are that he is going through an mid life crisis even though he is only 32 but he has 8 kids. He has no purpose in life except to be the dad of 8. He needs to go back to work at least part time and him and Kate need to work on the marriage and take cae of those beautiful kids.

June 18 2009 at 9:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Kathy's comment
Debra

Jon did state on one of the episodes that he had no purpose anymore since he had to quit his job so that Kate could fly around the country.

Why couldn't they have written the book TOGETHER? Aferall, Kate didn't write it. Why should she be the only one with a "career"? Jon has been in this from the start. Why isn't Jon going around to men's clubs or even women's and speaking from the side of the father? Why does it all have to be Kate?

You people are wrong when you say Kate and Emeril had a "playful" relationship. He told her several times to LEAVE Jon alone, and he grabbed at the spoon when she tried to hit him again.

A mother doesn't HIT people. If she does, she teaches her children to hit. All eight of the kids are constantly hitting each other. It is horrible because they learn what the see.

The kids are getting to be hateful to each other with sarcastic remarks and saying hurtful things to each other. Who taught them this? It was NOT Jon. It was Kate, because this is how she treats EVERYONE!

Kate is a piece of work alright. I don't blame Jon if he files for divorce, but I hope he fights her every step of the way for those children, because he is the ONLY one that never hurts them.

Then we can have a show "Jon Plus 8 Minus Kate! I'll watch that!

For those that fault Jon, remember it was Jon that hired the PI to follow Kate and found out that she was having an affair with her "bodyguard". I don't think he was guarding her body unless that is a knew name for cheating.

By the way, how many have noticed the HUGE change in Kate's breasts? Go back and look at the old pictures of her. She was small on top, and now she is HUGE. Remember when she tried to talk the FREE plastic surgeon into getting bigger boobs and he said "NO"?

I think this announcement is just another ploy on the part of "TLC" to up the ratings. My Nielson box will not show that I watch this at all!

June 19 2009 at 10:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply