October 23, 2014

Richard Simmons visits Anderson Cooper 360

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 19th 2009 3:25PM
Have you ever noticed that whenever Richard Simmons visits a talk show, he makes everyone feel uncomfortable? Last night he visited Anderson Cooper and Erica Hill to talk about his new health initiative, and he started to dance around the studio, which made the two hosts laugh. He wanted Anderson to dance, but we all know that he doesn't dance! I think Simmons is a little too old for the tank top and shorty-shorts, don't you?

Guy

Amazing - sometimes people forget their age - wonder how did the dance look like from front (and not camera)!

June 21 2009 at 8:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hashbrown_Hunter

That man haunts my dreams.

June 19 2009 at 5:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xtinemichele

I worked at CNN Atlanta years ago and the LA bureau had Richard on. We could see the feed coming in from their control room and Richard was flitting all over the place. The director in LA was begging us to conduct the interview earlier, so I can vouch for the "uncomfortability factor".

That said, I also met him during the '96 Olympics. He is a very nice (and slightly more subdued) person one-on-one (and I also got to see him in actual clothes!)

June 19 2009 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Death Mongers

Nah! Richard will NEVER be too old to wear the short shorties and tank tops!! He's gonna be 'Sweatin' to the Oldies' forever!! Love ya, Richard!! :)

June 19 2009 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pati

Richard's tank top and short-shorts are part of his celebrity "persona". I applaud him for continuing to wear them on television (I just wish he would wear more of a varity of colors).

June 19 2009 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Pati's comment
Joann

I was fortunate enough to meet, speak with one on one, and even exercise with Richard at Trump Plaza in Atlantic City. His professional "persona" is just that, one on one he is truly an intelligent, caring and warm individual. I professionally am a School Nurse, as well as an English teacher and thought it would be great to have a before picture with Richard then in the future an after picture of me to show students and staff to inspire weight loss. While we attempted numerous times to pose and take pictures we encountered technical problems. Richard posed five separate times with me in good humor and never once was dismissive , instead he reacted with humorous comments that put everyone at ease. I have met and even socialized with a good number of "celebrities" during my lifetime and I must say he was one of the few I found to be really personally accessible and with a kind nature. He will be forever young in my eyes, because he brings out the inner youth in us when he gets us "dancing" inside and out.

June 22 2009 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply