July 29, 2014

PC guy John Hodgman wows them at the Radio and TV Correspondents Dinner

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 20th 2009 6:12PM
You know John Hodgman as the PC guy in all of those Mac commercials (or perhaps from The Daily Show). I don't know if he really uses a PC in real life (he could very well be a Mac guy), but I do know that he's a very funny man. Last night he spoke at the Radio and TV Correspondents Dinner, and gave a very clever speech about President Obama, nerds, geeks, jocks, and Star Trek. You can tell Obama genuinely enjoyed the speech.

HoverSheep

nice

May 07 2011 at 4:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason B

Didn't look down at notes once - very impressive.

June 22 2009 at 5:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

The Hodge Man is definitely a proud Mac user.

His books ("The Areas of My Expertise" and "More Information Than You Require") are some of the funniest reads you'll find anywhere. For fans of his books (or even readers of his great blog), it's no surprise his speech at the Radio & TV Correspondents Dinner was so great.

We did a little Q&A with him last year, if anyone's interested: http://www.showbizmonkeys.com/features.php?id=1014

June 21 2009 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Excellent stuff - thanks for posting, Bob.

June 20 2009 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B

Obama definitely knew the name of the god that was worshiped in Conan the Barbarian.

June 20 2009 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
La-Di-Dah

Thanks for posting this. Thoroughly enjoyed it (as well as Obama's input). And I got all the Dune references! I am a nerd!

June 20 2009 at 7:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Usama

I love John Hodgman, that was great.

June 20 2009 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply