July 29, 2014

Family groups are going to just love Accidentally on Purpose

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 23rd 2009 5:11PM
I was never a big fan of Dharma & Greg (and by "never a big fan" I mean "I really disliked it"), but I'll give Jenna Elfman's new sitcom a shot. It's about a thirtysomething film critic who gets pregnant after a one-night stand. Family and parents groups, you can open your e-mail programs right now if you want to get your media campaign to get this show canceled underway early. Here's a sneak peek at the show.

Melanie51

Jim: Calling family groups religious nutjob groups sounds like something a liberal would do. Resort to name-calling.

June 30 2009 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melanie51

Jim: Just like a liberal to resort to name-calling. Kinda like Perez Hilton. You must have so much in common with him. For the record, I'm pretty stable. College educated, married almost 22 years to a loving, successful husband, my 18-year old son starts college this fall, faithful member at church, had 3 jobs in 22 years as a successful paralegal, never been arrested, paid all my taxes, supporter of several charities, lots of great friends, homeowner, little debt, etc.

June 24 2009 at 1:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Melanie51's comment
jim

Why the hell would you think I was a liberal?

June 25 2009 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

Family groups? You mean religious nutjob groups? What does "family" have to do with it?

June 24 2009 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melanie51

There are a few obvious points about the show that family groups would certainly support. One, if the main character had practiced abstinence, she wouldn't be in such a pickle. Second, she didn't abort the baby.

June 24 2009 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sid

sounds like a show on the CBC, Sohpie something...
can't watch the video, but if it is like the CBC show, then kid's going to be half black which leads into another set of "situations" for the sitcom.

June 24 2009 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bkdealer

I love Jenna Elfman & I've never heard the phrase "accidentally on purpose" used in such a negative way. It means that the person had mixed intentions or wasn't aware of their subconscious desire to do something that happened. Lighten up!

June 23 2009 at 10:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lady Olivier

I hope the show gets canceled just because its' just plain bad- just like her last show. The slang term 'accidentally on purpose' means : "Seemingly accidental but with veiled malice or harm."
Gee sounds like a laugh riot..It bothers me everytime I hear the title of the show. And yeah- I don't like Jenna Elfman she plays the same person all the time- annoying.

June 23 2009 at 7:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply