August 20, 2014

And the winner of I'm a Celebrity is...

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Jun 25th 2009 1:04AM
I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
And the King or Queen of the jungle is .... don't worry, I won't spoil the answer on the first page of the post! You'll have to click through to know more and comment on the results.

I've started watching I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! from mid-week 2 and was sucked in immediately as I usually am with most reality TV series that revolve around surviving in new and unfamiliar surroundings. I must say I was quite impressed with Lou Diamond Phillips from the start. I loved his leadership qualities and his helpfulness towards his "junglemates." He is one of the main reasons why I watched the remaining episodes and even caught up with the week 1 Speidi drama! Was I glad that they ended up leaving for good after all the drama and quitting/coming back!

Want to know who was named King or Queen of the jungle after surviving 24 days in a Costa Rica jungle? Click ahead!

If you watched Tuesday's episode, you already knew that John, Torrie and Lou were the remaining three finalists. I was quite pleased with this top three, as all of them did a lot around camp, rocked in the challenges and were cooperative, respectful and helpful. I would have been happy with any of them winning but was rooting for the person who got me hooked on the show: Mr. La Bamba, Lou Diamond Phillips.

After announcing that John was not in the top 2, the rather boring hosts made us wait longer for the final results by announcing a commercial break. As expected, once we came back for the break, they made us wait, as any reality show does nowadays, for the end results. To my delight, Lou Diamond Phillips was crowned King of the Jungle.

Are you happy with Lou winning the competition? Do you want NBC to plan another season for next summer? Let your voice be heard in our poll and comments below.

Are you happy that Lou Diamond Phillips won?
Yes, he was the king of the jungle from day 1.385 (79.5%)
No, John should have won.17 (3.5%)
No, Torrie should have won.62 (12.8%)
No, someone else (name in comments) should have won.20 (4.1%)

Ðan

The first season a few years back on ABC was way better than this one different network and different hosts I guess made it better

June 26 2009 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RLNYNY

I seriouslt doubt much money was made for charity on this show. Hope I am wrong but this show was so low budget I doubt mant people evn knew charity was involved
These might be the totals
Janice D......$2.25 (her kids donated}
John S....$102.00
Lou D P....$525.00
Steven B....$4.25
Torie...... $12,000.25
Patty B...........$500.00
Spiedi...............MINUS $22,000.00

June 25 2009 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorothy Evins

I thought this was a charity event...after Lou won there was no mention of how much they would donate and to which charity...I found the end extremely anti-climatic.

June 25 2009 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

I cannot believe people watch this swill.

That is all.

June 25 2009 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CntrygsplBlu

I wanted Stephen to win SO bad.

June 25 2009 at 8:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to CntrygsplBlu's comment
Isabelle Carreau

I must admit Stephen gave a good show too but Jungle-wise, the other three were better performers. I still don't understand why he decided to quit 5 days in. I'm sure he had good chances to win.

June 25 2009 at 8:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christina

I was hoping either lou or torrie would win, although i think sanjaya did pretty great too. I had never watched this show before, but i was really into it this season. I can't wait untill next season, but please, please, please get new hosts.
I had to fast forward during their commentary the entire series. They did a horrible job.

June 25 2009 at 7:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply