September 14, 2014

From Smallville to Metropolis?

by Mike Moody, posted Jun 25th 2009 9:03AM
smallville the cw metropolisAnd Smallville refuses to give up the spotlight.

In less than a month, we've heard talk about a possible spinoff for the CW series, read heated speculation over a simple casting notice, and reported on two major casting announcements. Now we're reading rumors about a possible Smallville TV movie called Metropolis that could serve as a coda to the show's ninth, and probably final, season.

The rumor -- and I repeat: rumor -- comes from the boys at AICN who say a source got a glimpse of some Smallville promotional signage for the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con. Reportedly, the source, who goes by the handle "Yoda's Bitch," eyed some signage somewhere, presumably on the planet Earth, featuring the words "Metropolis: Christmas 2010" in Smallville-style font. The sign is also supposedly advertising Smallville's upcoming Comic-Con panel. AICN says they have info that this possible Metropolis project could be a TV movie set to head into production after May 2010. Read more at SciFi Squad.

J. Thomas

I think "Metropolis" is an excellent title for the series. And if Tom Welling wants to move on, let him. Maybe the fortress can somehow alter his appearance like in the movie. It looked to me that the next season may be geared more toward an actual appearance of "Justice League" in all it's glory, financed by Oliver Queen, using the Jimmy's gift to Chloe as their base of operations. What'ya think?

June 30 2009 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott K.

That's a rumor I hope is true. Otherwise, what's the point?

June 25 2009 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Scott K.'s comment
TeenWolfie

I hope it's true too. I think most fans would welcome this idea.

June 25 2009 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
izikavazo

I've been saying that they need to do this forever. Change the name of the show to Metropolis, drop everyone but Clark and Lois and turn him into Superman.

June 25 2009 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to izikavazo's comment
mgb

That would be fine with me, but I really want a new Lois so that the show would be watchable. I love Tom Welling though. He's fantastic.

July 02 2009 at 9:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

The only way this works is if Tom Welling dons the cape and red speedo. Another season of the red-blue blur would be boring to the extreme.

One question: does Tom Welling want nothing else out of his career than this?

June 25 2009 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply