November 25, 2014

NBC announces fall premiere dates

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 25th 2009 3:17PM
NBC logoIt's always great to hear the fall premiere dates for shows. It reminds you that, yes, eventually the summer is going to end and the fall will be here. Here are the dates when the new seasons of your favorite old NBC shows (and new ones) will launch (more dates to come).

Sunday, September 13: Football Night in America and Sunday Night Football
Monday, September 14: The Jay Leno Show
Tuesday, September 15: The Biggest Loser
Thursday, September 17: SNL Weekend Update Thursday, Parks and Recreation, The Office, and Community
Monday, September 21: Heroes
Wednesday, September 23: Parenthood and Law and Order: SVU
Friday, September 25: Law and Order and Southland
Saturday, September 26: Saturday Night Live
Monday, September 28: Trauma
Thursday, October 15: 30 Rock

bruce

Wow, other than 30 Rock there's not one single show there that I do or would watch (gave up on Heroes, just couldn't take it anymore). Sucks that they got rid of "Life" - that was one of my favorite shows and the only other thing on NBC that I regularly watched. Did this other crap really get all that much higher ratings than Life did?

Ooohhhhhhhh a new doctorsex show that I won't watch. What crap. Not like there are too many shows on other networks I'll be watching, but only half an hour a week on NBC... that's got to be an all-time low ever since I was a kid tuning in to Night Court and Cheers and all the other good stuff on NBC. What happened? Well, reality ruined all the networks but NBC allowed itself to get hit the hardest for some reason.

June 26 2009 at 6:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Willmore2000

I'm in for 30 Rock, Office and Community.

I'm 50/50 on watching heroes next season.

June 25 2009 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

I was gona ask where House is, then realised its Fox. Sadly, I'm watching nothing here :(

June 25 2009 at 5:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

I can pretty much just delete NBC from the list - there is nothing on there. What a shame - they had it wrapped up in the 80s and 90s and now nothing.

June 25 2009 at 5:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tony

Hey Casey. Do you have Directv? If not, Friday Night Lights will not be on until the summer of 2010. Directv will start airing new episodes in October or November of this year but NBC doesn't have room on the schedule until next summer.

I think people are tough On NBC but I think things show that they are going in the right direction. I saw the pilot for Parenthood and it's a quality show with a lot of good people in it. Don't let the name sway you. It seems more like Brothers and Sisters to me. Community was strong and I think it could be a hit. Fits right in with The Office and 30 Rock.

June 25 2009 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tony's comment
Casey Vincent

I don't have Directv... my entire house uses Windows Media Center to watch/record TV - so unless the Directv tuner finally comes out we are out of luck.

June 25 2009 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nick

Poor NBC. Out of all the shows listed, The Office is the only one I'm interested in watching. I think putting SNL "weekend" update on Thursday works during an election year, but makes little sense otherwise and only spreads SNL content even thinner for Saturday night.

I do have to admit, they started a new show during the summer, Merlin, which I didn't realize they offered and only discovered because of Hulu, that is actually pretty decent.

June 25 2009 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Hot Garbage!!!

June 25 2009 at 4:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Casey Vincent

Wow, this is going to be kind of a slow fall isn't it? The only shows I will be watching on NBC are 30 Rock and The Office...

I can't wait for Friday Night Lights and Chuck to come back in the spring.

June 25 2009 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward

I thought NBC tried Law & Order on Friday nights a few years ago and that failed...

June 25 2009 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply