October 23, 2014

When you think of Michael Jackson, you also think of Weird Al

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 26th 2009 1:28PM
You can't think about the life and career of Michael Jackson without also thinking of Weird Al Yankovic. He did parodies of several Jackson songs, and while a lot of people like "Eat It," I've always liked "Fat," his take on Jackson's "Bad" (Al loves the food references, eh?). Yo, ding dong, man, ding dong!

John Truong

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that MJ actually provided Weird Al with some of the actual sets he used on the original videos. I really don't think he would have minded these parodies being shown now..

June 26 2009 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tony

I understand Jeremy. I am all for not talking about the trully bad things that people say about him or the rumors about things he may or may not have done. The Weird Al parodies though? They just celebrate how incredible of a musical talent he was. I think Kurt Cobain said something along the lines was he knew he was a superstar when Weird Al parodied him and how honored he was. I think a story like this shouldn't be a lead article but a day later...I'm not so against it. It made me remember a good song and a good time.

June 26 2009 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tony's comment
Eirik

It's also been said that Jackson liked the parodies. Indeed, since Yankovick gets permission from the artists (especially after the Amish Paradise issue) Jackson would have had to give permission for the ones that were done.

June 26 2009 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
im fat im fat

I LOST ON JEOPARDY!!!
still my favorite
see weird al videos here and decide
I watched them all

June 26 2009 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tony

jeremy? A full day of what? You can't tell me people didn't think of Weird Al Videos when they were showing MJ's stuff on the news! It's all in good taste. They had a good relationship and everything done by Al was with 100% respect.

Speaking of Al this is a great video. Compare the two videos and see how dead on he was with everything. The "dancers" even wore the same outfits...Just about 20 sizes bigger. haha

June 26 2009 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tony's comment
jeremy

tony i guess my bottom line is that he was right up there with elvis in terms of what he meant to pop culture, and so we should remember that first...all the other stuff, including weird al parodies, second. but to each their own...

June 26 2009 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeremy

cant we give mj just one full day....

June 26 2009 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jboursaw

This is our favorite! Ham on!

June 26 2009 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jboursaw's comment
Brian

Ham on...ham on whole whear...all right!

June 26 2009 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply