September 3, 2014

Jason Bateman once starred in a funny sitcom (way before Arrested Development)

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 30th 2009 1:27PM
You can talk all you want about the best thing about the web: keeping friends and family connected, shopping, maps to help you get where you are going, making money. But I think the best thing about the web is that someone actually takes the time to upload episodes of short-lived 80s TV show.

Case in point: It's Your Move, the NBC sitcom that starred a teenage Jason Bateman and Married...with Children's David Garrison. The opening is pure cheese, but the writing was a notch above typical sitcom fare. Here's the first episode (parts 2 and 3 after the jump - more episodes here). Bateman's first little speech has a really funny payoff, and he always had great timing. River Phoenix shows up in this episode too.

[via Pop Candy]

David

That was a great show! The back-and forth between the brother and sister was awesome...

June 30 2009 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich

I remember this show too. Loved it.

June 30 2009 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Harry

On David Garrison's birthday no less.

June 30 2009 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shaun

"oh my god... I killed michael!......hey brother.......hey brother"

June 30 2009 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gig

Very funny show until near the end when he got caught in one of his scams and this made the the Mother not trust him anymore and pretty much blew up the whole premise of the show.

Sort of like had Ferris had gotten caught half way through the movie.

June 30 2009 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

The internet is great but I'm still waiting to see the entire collection of It's Garry Shandling's Show, especially the Shandlingland episode!

June 30 2009 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AT

Also, Tricia Cast was on The Young and the Restless for many years.

My clearest It's Your Move episode is the one with the Grateful Dead. The kids used skeletons in a talent show (?) while Touch of Grey played.

June 30 2009 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to AT's comment
Joanna

Loved that episode! Ever since I have referred to certain people as "The Dregs of Humanity."

June 30 2009 at 9:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AT

I loved that show. It's one of those shows that I figure that few, besides me, watched and remember.

Cue "Remember [insert 80s sitcom here]?" comments.

June 30 2009 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Just the Facts

This was my favorite show. Not many people remember it though. I did think it lost a little something when his mom found out that he was such a little con.

June 30 2009 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

So Silver Spoons wasn't funny? ;)

Thanks for the clips and the walk down Memory Lane. Caren Kaye was a babe!

June 30 2009 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply