September 1, 2014

Shows we need to see on DVD (from A to Z)

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 30th 2009 3:05PM
Josh Brolin, Michael Woods - Private EyeWe've talked a lot about this before, the shows we love that haven't been released on DVD for one reason or another. Now PremiumHollywood.com has chosen the 26 shows, A to Z, that they bought on the shiny little discs.

It's a great idea, though I don't understand why they call the list "cult TV" when it has shows on it like L.A. Law and Eight is Enough. Some good choices here though. I would have chosen Ed, Private Eye, Something So Right, Shannon's Deal. A lot of shows that I never thought would be released on DVD are now getting released, so every year my dream list gets smaller and smaller.

You?

tdff

"Eyes" and "The Nine". Two fantastic shows, prematurely canceled.

July 04 2009 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

China Beach, especially the last season. The flash backs and flash fowards in Lost really reminded me of it.

July 01 2009 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

By the way, when I say I've never seen it, I mean I've never actually seen a DVD of the show on shelves anywhere, but I have read that it's out there somewhere.

July 01 2009 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

I think it may already be, but since I've never actually seen it, I'll say one of my all-time favorite shows from the mid to late 80's, "Kate & Allie."

July 01 2009 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Kosmicki

Ellery Queen episodes are re-run on the weekend on a programming service called RTV, The Retro Television Network. They are selling their services to local stations to fill their new, second channel that they have due to the switchover to digital. They also re-run short run shows like Delvecchio, The Bold Ones, Run For Your Life, etc. I honestly expect them to begin selling DVD sets of some of those shows soon. you might want to check the digital cable listings in your area to see if this channel has suddenly appeared without warning after the digital switchover.

July 01 2009 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Kosmicki

Hey Ralph@13 and RobynM@17 -- i thought I was the only one who remembered Fantastic Journey. Roddy McDowall and Ike Eisenmann were big deals to my pre-teen self. Roddy was from the Apes movies and Ike was from Witch Mountain. This had to have been one of my first experiences with a favorite show being cancelled. I'd love to see episodes, but then again, I'm afraid that there's no way it can live up to my memories.

July 01 2009 at 10:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PMX

The Man From Atlantis
Ellery Queen
Nero Wolfe (with William Conrad)

July 01 2009 at 9:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby O\'B

Nichols with James Garner
Bakersfield, PD

July 01 2009 at 12:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jorie

Shows I have seen: Daria, The Wonder Years
Shows I haven't seen and I'm curious about: Homefront, Woops! (Aired 6 episodes on FOX, think "Gilligan's Island after a nuclear holocaust").

June 30 2009 at 11:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Jorie's comment
CParis

Yes for Homefront, with a young Kyle Chandler-so cute!

July 01 2009 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
adamfair

i have every ep of WHOOPS! on tape from when i was 11!

July 01 2009 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply