July 22, 2014

Better Off Ted: Bioshuffle - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 1st 2009 8:02AM
Better Off Ted

Why is ABC running new episodes of Better Off Ted during the summer? Not that fans aren't incredibly happy to see new episodes, but I would have thought that ABC would rerun the earlier episodes of the show and then start running new ones this fall (the show has been renewed for the fall).

ChaoZ

"I can write a program that's triggered by an acid build-up. An acid interface, or ass-face for short."

That had me rolling.

July 01 2009 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dtrain

nothing on TV this summer and you're STILL not reviewing this show? what a lazy-ass television blog.

July 01 2009 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

They originally shot 13 episodes but only aired 7. When they got a pick up for a second season it was for another 13 episodes, so they're just airing the extra 6 from the first season now. Just think of it as a bonus. A really, really funny bonus.

July 01 2009 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Oh, and last nights episode was one of their best...the wife and I were laughing hysterically from beginning to end. "If you can read this you're not being professional." HAHA

July 01 2009 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to David's comment
scott

that was a great... 'ending'.

July 01 2009 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Oh hell, BOT is renewed? SWEET! I thought it got the ol' ABC ax like everything else I've ever liked that they put out.

I'm fine with them showing episodes during the summer, as long as its not ABC burning off the rest of the series in anticipation of a series cancellation. As long as there are new shows to be recorded, my TiVo Season Pass will faithfully keep watch.

July 01 2009 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jimchig

It's a very funny and clever show, and each episode is appreciated in this summer barren wasteland of tv offerings. I thought last nights show was one of the funniest episodes so far.

As Martin said, as long as it's not canceled.

July 01 2009 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to jimchig's comment
Dan

Right on. This show is great and I am psyched to have it back, especially since there is absolutely nothing to watch other than Weeds and The Goode Family right now.

July 01 2009 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIke

I agree it's very clever and deceptively funny which surprises me that it's not canceled.

July 01 2009 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Said

they're showing new episodes from the first season, they aren't showing new ones from the second season,

July 01 2009 at 8:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nornny

I'm really excited as well, but I realize it's difficult to bring in new viewers in the summer. I've been watching religiously and these past two episodes have been the funniest yet.

I don't think I've laughed out loud at a comedy series in a while, but Better Off Ted has made me bust out multiple times. Watching Veronica feed her sleeping sister so she remains skinnier last week for example. This week, it was Lem attempt to kiss his date and Veronica relieving her stress by shooting a gun in her office.

I hope the quality of this series remain high and it attracts the audience it deserves!

July 01 2009 at 8:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Martin

As long as what they are doing doesn't lead to cancellation, I am happy with what they are doing!

July 01 2009 at 8:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply