August 22, 2014

Do you like Top Chef Masters? Tough

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 1st 2009 3:01PM
Top Chef MastersLater this afternoon I'll have my What's On Tonight picks posted, but I did want to give Top Chef Masters fans a heads up about tonight's episode: there isn't one.

For some reason, Bravo is replacing this week's episode of the cooking competition show with a special episode of The Fashion Show. And this isn't one of those deals where one show is put in place of another show but that other show is rescheduled to another night during the week, maybe in the slot of the first show. No, Top Chef Masters won't be seen at all this week (except for reruns of previous episodes, of course).

Fans will have to wait until next week for the next new episode. (And if you're wondering what's on tomorrow night at 10 in the regular time slot for The Fashion Show, it's a repeat of tonight's episode.)

Oh well. I'm not watching The Fashion Show so I guess I'll catch The Philanthropist.

wulfn1

quite a few of the shows I watch announced last week that they would return in two weeks time. I wondered what was going on during these two weeks time and the best I could come up with was tennis and golf... Not exactly something I would think draws that many viewers away. I have to agree with GT though, TCM isn't really that great a show compared to the usual TC.
It's hard to get interested when you know you won't see most of these chefs beyond the one time. Though it is interesting to watch these seasoned highly ranked chefs going through the same challenges that past season's TC casts were subject to.

July 02 2009 at 6:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

This isn't the only show getting jerked around. A number of shows I watch are either pre-empted or running repeats this week. I'm still trying to figure out why USA is running a Burn Notice marathon without wedging what would've been this week's episode in there somewhere.

July 01 2009 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

Super disappointed at Bravo! Stick to the schedule. Vh1 pulls this shit all the time, too.

July 01 2009 at 7:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tina

I think Bravo is using the popularity of its familiar Wednesday night, Top Chef time slot to boost the viewership for its thus far underwhelming Fashion Show. They may perceive a crossover fan potential there, as there was with Project Runway. That's okay. Need to get to work extra early tomorrow, anyway. :~)

July 01 2009 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

This is all such an old leftover of old TV programming thinking. It seems to be this outdated thinking that the week of July 4th, no one watches TV - people have DVRs now and watch things when they have time. So many shows aren't new this week

July 01 2009 at 4:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply