October 25, 2014

Rumor has Lucas discussing Star Wars TV series at Comic-Con

by John Scott Lewinski, posted Jul 7th 2009 12:03PM
Star Wars is coming to TV, and George Lucas might unveil it at Comic-Con.George Lucas will come as close to San Diego's Comic-Con as he could ever dare when he appears via video conference as part of the event's Star Wars presentation.

It's not top secret news that George Lucas is planning a live-action Star Wars television series that would fill in the gaps between big screen entries Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV: A New Hope. With talk of the show preparing to roll camera in Australia, the status of the TV production will be first and foremost on most fans' minds.

Speculation has it that Lucas might even shine his Death Star super laser of wisdom down on his followers by answering fan-submitted questions during the convention appearance.

If that's true, we can only hope that someone filters out the more antagonistic queries before they get to Skywalker Ranch via cyberspace. While they made a galaxy of money, the prequel series of movies Lucas directed was not hugely popular with many die-hard fans. They've been sharpening their light sabers for a swipe at Lucas ever since.

Also, it'd be disastrous to air too many inquiries from those bizarre uber-fanboys lost in the endless details of the saga. Nobody cares how the Dianoga (the one-eyed, tentacled monster in the trash compactor in Episode IV) got so big when all he had to eat was metal garbage. We want to know if we're going to have new, live-action Star Wars stories to watch next fall.

Ken

I agree with you Bryan. So many people search the web like hungry wolves, looking for any bit of George Lucas news to rip to shreads. I just watched all six star wars and loved them all. And words cannot describe how excited I am about the new TV show.

July 10 2009 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PORSCHE

I agree with Bryan... its Lucas story not the net boys.

I look forward to more SW stories from GL.

July 08 2009 at 2:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Europa

Boy, Hashbrown got your knickers in a twist.

July 07 2009 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hashbrown_Hunter

Lucas is gonna screw this up too. After having my mind melted by Indy 4, I was planning to avoid anything he got his hands on.

BUT if I hear good things and I think I may get into it, I will tune in. The show has a lot to prove to fans though.

July 07 2009 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Hashbrown_Hunter's comment
Bryan

The show has NOTHING to prove to fans. The show has a lot to prove to people who grew up with the original trilogy, place it on a pedestal it doesn't belong on, and arbitrarily hate anything new Lucas does. To those who hate the writing, if you honestly look at both trilogies with an open mind, you'll see that the lines in the OT are almost exactly the same quality. Harrison Ford and others were quoted as telling George "you can write this stuff but you can't say it". There is no difference between the makeup of the trilogies. The OT had the Ewoks to the PT's Jar Jar. Personally, I loved both. I grew up with the OT, but I love the PT just as much, and I'd like George Lucas to know that he has a LOT more true fans who are hungering for new Star Wars, and the fanboys who troll the internet just to bash anything GL does are the minority. Long live Star Wars!

July 07 2009 at 4:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply