October 21, 2014

Maura Tierney's illness means Parenthood won't debut until mid-season

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 10th 2009 8:04PM
Maura TierneyWow, this sounds rather serious.

Maura Tierney, most recently on ER and now one of the stars of NBC's new comedy/drama Parenthood, is ill and will be going through a medical evaluation that will take several weeks. This means that the show will not start filming at the end of this month as originally planned. Instead, production will begin in September. No word yet on what exactly is wrong with Tierney.

Update: Tierney has released a statement.

So this screws up NBC's Wednesday schedule a bit. The new medical drama Mercy was supposed to be one of the shows that launched in mid-season, but now that show will launch in September instead. NBC hasn't made a decision yet on what time slot Mercy will be in (Parenthood's or another time slot), but they'll have to rearrange parts of their fall schedule and announce the change soon.

vargas bronx 326

Think about your health and not your work for you only have one life and in order to enjoy living it you must be well. So all the best in your recovery in getting yourself better. The angels look after you and my heart goes out to you.

July 13 2009 at 1:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony DIMeo

they film the pilot months before the show starts you idiots that's how they got the clips in the promo. Daa

July 12 2009 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PORSCHE

Start Chuck early then expand the season.

July 12 2009 at 6:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff

Maybe they can just have Jay Leno do an extra hour on Wednesdays. See no problem.

July 11 2009 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
litehousebeacon

Then where did the footage for the promos come from?

July 10 2009 at 10:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to litehousebeacon's comment
plinstrot

I guess you've never heard of a pilot.

July 10 2009 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dkaarma

I hope she's Ok, I've had a crush on her ever since I saw her on Newsradio.

Has she shot her guest spot on Rescue Me?

July 10 2009 at 10:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dkaarma's comment
Jon B. Knutson

Not that I'm trying to dismiss Maura's illness (and like the previous commenter, I also had a thing for her when she was on NewsRadio... too bad she came on ER about the time I had quit watching it, but there it goes)...

...but of they weren't going to start filming the show until the end of this month... how the heck did they get the footage they've been showing in commercials for the show during America's Got Talent this past week? Don't tell me they actually went into the studio and filmed just a couple of scenes for commercials...

...then again, I suppose if they had to make a pilot, that would've been available for commercial usage, with the first episode of the series to be made after the pilot sold to be originally planned for filming at the end of the month.

Huh... answered my own question, didn't I?

July 10 2009 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply