Nurse Jackie: Tiny Bubbles
by Jane Boursaw, posted Jul 14th 2009 7:21AM
(S01E06) "Nonsense. Nothing is better if I leave." - O'Hara to Nurse Jackie
Come on, people! I'm not getting much comment love on my Nurse Jackie reviews. Is no one watching the show? Because I'm sort of loving it at this point.
Well, I guess it had to happen. It was a sure bet that we'd get a storyline where Jackie plays Dr. Kevorkian and helps a patient end their life. I have to think there's no way that crusty old Nurse Korsenowski would have done well in palliative care. Why not let her go out in dignity?
Jackie is all about breaking the rules for the good of the patient, but was this really for the good of the patient? I think it was, and the "do no harm" thing would have been if she hadn't helped her die. It would have done more harm for her to go into hospice. Thoughts, please!
So Dr. Cooper has two moms! And they're Blythe Danner and Swoosie Kurtz! Talk about the luck of the draw! And, apparently, his Tourette's is a real-live thing -- I wondered about that -- along with OCD, since he said the kids made fun of him in school.
- So the cat-ball guy came back with more feline wounds. I'm with Nurse Korsenowski on this one. The guy needs to get rid of the cat.
- I liked Zoey's little speeches to Eddie and Dr. O'Hara, especially with Nurse Jackie standing right behind her.
- So Jackie's in good enough with the other health care folks that they'll give her morphine to help someone die? Interesting.
- I wonder if Eddie had something going with Nurse Korsenowski when he was giving her Percocet, too. The guy's got quite a nice little side charity/business going there.
- Loved the ending when Jackie went to Nurse Korsenowski's apartment and found everything packed up. She was nothing if not prepared.
- Not enough Mo-Mo in this ep for me.
I await your witty and insightful comments.