November 21, 2014

Jorja Fox back on duty at CSI...for a little while

by Allison Waldman, posted Jul 19th 2009 9:23PM
jorja_fox_csiWhen last we saw actress Jorja Fox on CSI, her alter ego Sara Sidle was deep in the Costa Rican jungle, happily reunited with the love of her life, Gil Grissom. Well, apparently Sara's going to have some very good reason to leave that romantic idyll because come this fall, Jorja Fox is returning to CSI for five episodes.

There's no indication that William Petersen's Gil is joining her, although since Petersen is still connected to the show as an executive producer, he could decide to pop in for a show or two.

With the ratings slipping a bit in key demographics since Petersen's exit in January 2009, the return of Jorja might be the kind of jolt the venerable crime drama needs to kick up the viewership. Laurence Fishburne has settled in as Dr. Raymond Langston, but the novelty of the new guy has worn off and bringing Sara back couldn't hurt.

After all the push and pull between Fox and CSI, her contract dispute in 2004, her announcing that she was leaving in 2007, it's kind of funny to read how thrilled CSI's executive producer Carol Mendelsohn is about Jorja's return. She did let on that the Sidle character will be back in Las Vegas in the premiere episode. That's Thursday, September 24. Mark it in your calender. No, seriously. I mean it. I've sort of drifted away from CSI myself. I'm curious enough about Jorja Fox's return that I'll tune in that night.

danny

Oh man, I sure wish I would have seen this sooner. If i would have known the Gap Tooth B-word was back - would have never tuned in. Count me out for then next 4 shows. And, what is with the increase in rude comments by all the actors? I have always hated how they are rude to everyone, but it is getting worse!!!

September 25 2009 at 8:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SmokeFreeZone

We knew the show would suffer when Petersen left. We don't mind Fishurne as an actor, but as a replacement for Petersen, that wasn't going to work!

And no matter how "tptb" spin the ratings decline, "It's the fans that don't like Fishburne's clothing!!!!" Nooooooooooo...it's because Petersen is gone. We can live without Fox and even Dourdan, but Petersen leaving was like YOUR HEART STOPPING!!

So we would suggest, that they just CANCEL the show and move on... okay?

August 07 2009 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zenbridge

Oh, there I go again. Some 12 year-old has misappropriated my screenname and can't stop posting here. Which is weird, because usually that 12 year-old likes to troll message boards about things she has no interest in, and then use it as an opportunity to feed that negativity into something more constructive, like erecting her Wicker Man-esque shrine to her beloved GE.

I don't mind GE. I rather like him. But it's a bit hypocritical to bash people for being enthusiastic for Jorja's return when you have GE's stolen boxers under your pillow, you know?

Can't we all just get along? And stop stealing screennames? Because then I get amused and stop paying attention to my email where I get about 15 Old Goldie/Top Dimwit flames a month. Maybe that'll calm down more now that she's here.

I'm out. And yay! Sara's still back.

July 21 2009 at 1:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra

Great, Electra is back and along with her come her following of nut jobs. People who live and breathe JF and blow their money on banners over studios.

Guess CM and the gang have truly run out of ideas. I say let the show die! I'd rather it die than for it to continue to pander to a very, small-minded group of morons!

July 20 2009 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jen

Sara was the most interesting character on CSI; so yes, I'll be tuning back in to see her. Hopefully, Grissom's not far behind.
Welcome back, Jorja!

July 20 2009 at 8:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
annasophia

I had given up CSI after William Petersen left. No offense to the
rest of the cast, but Jorja coming back is the only thing that will
entice me to watch season 10. Welcome back Jorja.

ps. I don't mind the Electra angle. I think it's very sexy.. Hehehehe...

July 20 2009 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
annasophia

I had given up CSI after William Petersen left. No offense to the rest of the cast, but Jorja coming back is the only thing that will entice me to watch season 10. Welcome back Jorja.

ps. I don't mind the Electra angle. It's kinda sexy.. Hehehehe...

July 20 2009 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Benjy

Ugh! They should have kept Holly Griggs and killed Sara Sidle in the first episiode!

To me, having Jorja Fox back is not an excuse to tune in. I never cared for her character. However, I also thought CSI would have a hard time surviving without William Petersen. I was wrong. Laurence Fishburne has been doing a great job on the show, and they've given even more time to fleshing out characters who were previously more in the background (the Lab Rats, Greg, and even Nick).

I also really wish Grissom had gone with Lady Heather instead. Melinda Clarke and William Petersen had definite onscreen chemistry. Jorja Fox, in the eight years she was on CSI, had no chemistry with anyone.

July 20 2009 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tcc3

She should have been the miniature killer

July 20 2009 at 12:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tcc3's comment
Dan Chichian

Absolutely - as much as I despised the character and the whole "hop in pop" story line I would have tuned in for that. The show runners have little imagination in that regard.

July 20 2009 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan Chichian

Great Electra's coming back. Maybe she is looking for a new daddy.

I guess those are five episodes I will be skipping.

July 20 2009 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply