August 22, 2014

Stargate's Dr. Beckett to guest star on Sanctuary

by Mike Moody, posted Jul 21st 2009 5:00PM
paul mcgillion syfy stargate atlantis sanctuaryStargate Atlantis alum Paul McGillion has signed on to guest star on Syfy's Sanctuary. The actor, who played Dr. Carson Beckett, and later played Dr. Beckett's clone (it's complicated), on Atlantis will appear in the final two episodes of Sanctuary's second season. McGillion will play "Wexford," a character he played in the original Web series version of Sanctuary. The show's second season kicks off Oct. 9.

This news might get me to start watching Sanctuary regularly again. It's not a bad show, but it never really hooked me. Like Warehouse 13, the procedural elements of the show felt tedious, and I never really connected to any of the characters.

Aside from David Hewlett's Rodney McKay, McGillion's Dr. Beckett was my favorite character on Atlantis. McGillion is one of those great genre actors who makes ever scene he's in better, and I'm looking forward to watching him play off his fellow Stargate alum Amanda Tapping. If al goes well, we might even get to see him show up in Sanctuary's third season.

[Via Solutions Blog]

omar

god i miss stargate atlantis

July 22 2009 at 1:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Picviewer

Pretty sure he was in one of the final few episodes of 24 from this past season also once Tony had Jack captive to extract some of the mutated madcow virus from him.

July 22 2009 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Picviewer's comment
snarfscarf

Yeah, he was. The doctor when they were trying to extract the spinal fluid or whatever it was out of Jack. At least as a doctor he died a better death this time around

July 22 2009 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn

I totally agree with what you said about Paul. I was drawn into Atlantis in its second season after seeing a clip featuring Rodney MacKay, and quickly became a fan. I grew to love the character of Dr. Beckett thanks to Paul's great acting and chemistry with the other characters/actors. I will certainly be tuning into Sanctuary to see him.

July 21 2009 at 8:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul McCall

It IS him, I just IMDBd it, he's listed as Barracks Officer.

July 21 2009 at 6:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul McCall

I think I saw McGillion in the Star Trek movie. In the scene when everyone is in the hangar bay and Spock is being pussy-whupped by Uhura, the Starfleet person in one of those odd caps that's carrying a clipboard and reading out the ship assignments. Is that him?

July 21 2009 at 6:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply