September 2, 2014

Sneak Peek: Persons Unknown

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 22nd 2009 2:37PM
At first I thought this was a movie, but it's actually a weekly series. NBC has picked it up for 13 episodes. It's about a group of people who are mysteriously kidnapped and wake up in an apartment building being watched and studied by...someone. Personally I don't know what they're complaining about, the apartment and the town look pretty nice to me. People are so hard to please these days.

[via Pop Candy]

AlmondJoy

Isn't this how all of the 'Saw' movies begin?

July 23 2009 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric H

Yeah looks like something like Harpers Island

July 23 2009 at 10:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

Looks good as a one-off or maxi-series. Not so much as a multi-season deal. Too long and it'd run the risk of becoming a parody of itself.

July 22 2009 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

This looks like a version of Drive that was on Fox except in this version the characters are stuck in a town racing around trying to get out of it. They (NBC) will cancel it after the third or fourth episode like Kings and bury the rest on Saturday nights!!

July 22 2009 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tony

I"m not sure how they could keep it going for two seasons or more but I'd be thrilled with one solid season that gave all the answers.

Again though, highly serialized + NBC = no faith.

Not because I don't think it might be a good show but because I don't have faith that NBC will market it correctly, put it in the right time slot and pair it up with a show that will help it. I also don't have faith in the American veiwing public to stick with a show that doesn't wrap up in a tiny bow each week.

July 22 2009 at 4:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Travis

Show looks intriguing. I'll give it a few episodes for sure.

My primary concern after seeing this promo is how the hell can they keep a show like this going for much longer than a season or two? It seems like it would have the same kind of fate as Prison Break. AWESOME first season and then... nothing.

July 22 2009 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply