October 25, 2014

What TV show are you addicted to the most?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 22nd 2009 3:00PM
24I'm not sure what "addicted to" really means. If I love a show and never miss an episode, does that mean I'm "addicted?" Or do I have to have some sort of sadness/emotional withdrawal if I miss an episode, or some sort of chemical reaction in my body that forces me to watch the show every week?

I'm not sure, but according to a survey of 3000 TV fans by LOVEFiLM, the most addictive show is 24.

2. Lost
3. Friends
4. Heroes
5. The Wire
6. Dr. Who
7. CSI
8. Prison Break
9. The Sopranos
10. Sex and The City

Since five of the top ten shows are no longer on the air, I'm assuming that this means the survey took into account all shows, not just current ones. Which makes the poll a little bogus, in my opinion. Prison Break one of the most addictive shows of all-time? Yeah OK.

val

LOST!!!!

August 10 2009 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Hulteen

Off the top...

West Wing
Hill Street Blues

X-Files
Star Trek: DS9
Star Trek: TNG
Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (surprises even me to put this on the list)

Simpsons
MASH
Cheers (not third best comedy, but addicting)

Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

And, because I am a news junkie: Meet the Press

That's with 50 years of TV watching!

August 10 2009 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

David

1. House
2. CSI
3. Two & A Half Men
4. Cops
5. Seinfeld
6. So You Think You Can Dance?
7. Judge Judy/Judge Joe Brown (tie)

August 10 2009 at 7:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary D

I can't believe no one has mentioned one of the best shows on air right now - NCIS! Fabulous cast, wonderful character development, funny, interesting and overall knocks my former all time favorite down to #2 (West Wing). I can't miss it - have bought the first five seasons and am getting ready to get season six.

August 10 2009 at 7:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Dark Shadows
Mystery Science Theater
Frasier
Twin Peaks

July 23 2009 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

I hate the term "addictive". If you love a show, you love a show.

The two shows currently on the air that I have a passion for: 24 and Big Love.

July 23 2009 at 10:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

Right now, Lost, Dexter, and to a lesser extent Chuck are the only shows I'd say I'm "addicted to" ... though I think we should define what being "addicted" to a TV show means. It has to mean more than just liking it a whole lot. It should mean anxiety about having to wait until the next episode, depression when the season ends, knowing you'll have to wait a half-year or more before your next "hit" and the desire to read about the show online and know absolutely every bit of information about it.

I like a lot of shows, but only a few cause me that reaction.

July 22 2009 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bruce's comment
cray

my DVR priority list goes like this:

1. True Blood
10.Royal Pains

July 23 2009 at 2:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanna

1. Lost

2. True Blood

3. Big Love

I can't wait for each new episode. I like The Office, 30 Rock, Rescue Me as well...but I can wait patiently for the next espisode, unlike the ones I mentioned.

July 22 2009 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Manal

I'm with Heather, LOST and Supernatural tie for my top spot. Very addicted to both of them.

July 22 2009 at 9:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply