October 1, 2014

Which one of Courteney Cox's old Friends would you like to see on Cougar Town?

by Mike Moody, posted Jul 23rd 2009 12:03PM
cougar town, abc, courtney coxWe all knew this was gonna happen.

Along with Matthew Perry, Lisa Kudrow, Jennifer Aniston, Matt LeBlanc and David Schwimmer, Courteney Cox starred in one of the most popular ensemble TV comedies of all time. It's inevitable that at least one of her former Friends co-stars will eventually show up on her new ABC comedy, Cougar Town, for a guest spot. Even show creator Bill Lawrence knows that this is something the TV Gods demand.

"You and I both know that we'll do that eventually," Lawrence told EW's Michael Ausiello about the possibility.

But don't expect to see any of Cox's old friends visiting Cougar Town any time soon. ABC is set on selling the show's star and not potential guest actors this fall, Lawrence said.

Former cast members reuniting on new shows is nothing new. We'll see it again this fall when the entire cast of Seinfeld reunites for an arc on HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm. Cox and Kudrow recently shared the screen together in an episode of Kudrow's online comedy Web Therapy. It was the first time the two worked on something together since Friends ended in 2004, and it was pretty darn funny.

Which former Friends star would you most like to see appear in Cougar Town? This might be an unpopular choice, but I'd love to see Matt LeBlanc enter a world scripted by Bill Lawrence, the creator of Scrubs. Something tells me marvelous things could happen with that.

Fati

David Schwimmer of course, I love him. He´s the best

September 10 2009 at 2:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Uno

Definitely MATTHEW PERRY! They had good chemistry on Friends so I would like to see them work together again.

July 25 2009 at 10:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nihad

Definitely Matthew Perry..I want to see more of him

July 25 2009 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elisa

Definetely, Matthew Perry.

I love his chemestry with Courtney. It would be weird to see them together again but it is an attractive idea.

July 24 2009 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony DIMeo

Jennifer aniston and matt perry should guest star because comedically they are very underrated gueststars and i have not seen matt on tv since studio 60 and jen was always funny

July 23 2009 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

Schwimmer. Always, always, always the funniest. I got tired of Friends when it aired, but I often catch a rerun and I'm impressed by what a comedically gifted actor he is. And since he played Courteney Cox's brother, he should play her love interest. That would be awesome.

July 23 2009 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply