September 3, 2014

Syfy is booking a trip back to Eureka for a fourth season

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 25th 2009 3:30AM
Eureka renewed for fourth seasonDespite a lengthy hiatus in the middle of its third season due to that pesky WGA Strike, and a shift to Friday nights, it was reported at Comic-Con that Syfy has renewed Eureka for a fourth season. And not one of those crappy 12- or 13-episode seasons we usually get on cable. This is a full 22 episodes, for which I say ... well, that would be a bit obvious, wouldn't it?

The good news is that the absence didn't hurt the show at all. It's just as compelling as it ever was. And fun. By fun, of course, I mean for us. Poor Sheriff Carter seems on the verge of a nervous breakdown half the time. Between negotiating a teenage daughter and the geniuses and their dangerously inventive concoctions, it's a wonder Eureka hasn't been blown off the map. Maybe for the series finale.

Even better, if you've yet to add it to your weekly list of stops, you can catch the latest four episodes of Eureka streaming on Hulu, along with tons of other fun clips.

The Deej

Yay! Another great series for the Vancouver production community!

July 26 2009 at 6:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

excellent news ... Eureka is one of the best shows currently on TV

July 25 2009 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jigsaw hc

Sweet! I'm enjoying this season so far.

July 25 2009 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

YAY!! I'm glad I will get to see this show on a regular basis still. Too many of the programs I like , end up on the chopping block after one or two seasons.
I vote to bring back Sheriff Andy again too. He'd make a great second deputy!

July 25 2009 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
weebles

This show is more fun than a barrell of robot monkeys spinning parallel dimensional plates on a pole!

July 25 2009 at 6:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bubbameister33

Great news, I hope they bring Sheriff Andy back.

July 25 2009 at 4:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply