April 16, 2014

Here's a preview of Heroes, season four

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 29th 2009 11:31AM
Like a lot of Heroes fans, there's a lot I've liked about the show and a lot that has frustrated me. But damn if they don't have me coming back season after season.

Jason already told you about what's coming up in season 4 ("Redemption"), and now here's a trailer. Looks like a whole new group of people with powers will be introduced (a carnival, I believe), Claire is in college, Mrs. Petrelli is still being mysterious, Sylar looks like Nathan (except when others see him as Sylar), and (sigh) it still looks like Hiro is time-traveling. But they have me curious again.

Jimmy

I hope that Danko isn't killed, as the trailer implied. Why spoil the death of one of last season's most interesting characters in a trailer months in advance?

Kinda like how they brought back Adam Monroe for 5 minutes just to kill him.

This season of Heroes is slated for only 18 episodes in the fall, and none in the spring. Let's see if it will make it to fall 2010...

July 29 2009 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad Hill

Simplicity is needed. Sylar started as one of the most compelling villains on TV, but they gunked up that character and robbed it of its power. Fewer gimmicks and incomprehensible plot lines. Return this show to a character-driven drama.

July 29 2009 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cress d

I really get pissed off w/ Heroes. But I still watch it. Hoping the promise of the first season will reemerge...

July 29 2009 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mdisloki

Despite all the bad things that have been said about Heroes over the past couple years it still ranks as one of my top 3 shows. I really hope they don't just let some of the open story lines fall off like they never happened. For example Sylars father should be brought back for a few episodes. And how about bringing in some of the webisode characters they already spent time developing?

July 29 2009 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mdisloki's comment
Jimmy

Agreed about the webisode characters. Having them on the main show would add legitimacy to future webisode series.

July 29 2009 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cody

yeah it's season 4, but it's chapter 5. They fit two chapters in season 3.

July 29 2009 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
borgetas

I may be wrong, but I thought that heroes is going into season 4 and not season 5....

July 29 2009 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Lost is a good example of a TV show that does time travel right. It can be done...Heroes just hasn't so much

July 29 2009 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply